1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SOLD - 05 OB XT Wagon, Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year, Make and Model: 2005, Subaru Outback XT Wagon MANUAL
Color: Golden / Light Brown
Miles: 108,XXX (Still my daily, so it’ll go up)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Title: Clean, at hand.
Lien: No
VIN: 4S4BP68C156315962
Seller's email address: Send me a message in the forum.
Price: $1 (ONE) Bitcoin.... for a limited time only. For those old-fashioned among us, $10,000 takes the car as well.

It is time to let someone else enjoy this beauty for the next 100k. The last 9 years were a joy, and she has another 10 in her easily (assuming maintenance), I’m in no rush to let her go and I expect it will take months to find a buyer…. All fine for me.

I’m the second owner. Bought her in Nov. 09 with 27k miles. Have good records since. Title clean and in my hands. The car is ideal for adult owning, with reliability in any weather and space for people and gear. It is NOT a racing set-up – This is a comfortable family car you can drive anywhere, and overtake anyone you want in any highway, straight or curve, up or down hills, empty or loaded, without ever having any doubt.

The character of this car is built on that beautiful boxer noise, and the elevated ride height. The wife hates them – she is a GTI fan. I could lower and quiet this wagon, but that would ruin her…. (Before you have any ideas, lowering and quieting the wife instead would also ruin her.… and it’s cheaper and easier to get another car.)

Maintenance in the last 3 years or so:
-- Timing belt (gates set + thermostat) done at 95k
-- All 4 calipers, rotors, pads, and flex-hoses (original sizes).
-- Steering rack
-- Front shocks and bearings
-- Custom Exhaust (Lou’s Custom, 2.5in, flex pipe, resonator, and high flow muffler)
-- Tires 5k miles ago (Contin. Extreme Contact DWS original size – absurdly efficient!)
-- Differencial and Gearbox oil flush (Oct 2017)
-- 2 new TGV valve sensors
-- New swaybar bushings (Oct 2017)
-- Front lower control arm bushings
-- Rear lower control arms and bushings.
-- 2 new belts for AC/Alternator/Steering (Oct 2017)
-- Oil and filter (mobil 1), and 2 air filters (Dec 2017)
-- Battery, 3yr warranty (Dec 2017)

Upgrades and changes made (and the reasoning for each):
-- Tow hitch class II, flat 4-pins connector.
-- Adjustable Cobb Short Throw shifter ($120) and polyurethane bushings. It is now short, precise, stiff, and impossible to rush through the gears – exactly as I wanted it. Compared to original it is some 2in lower, and the longitudinal travel (1st to 2nd) is about 2.5in. (Original was very loose, mushy transition, imprecise and noisy.)
-- Subwoofer, custom made sealed box, and Rockford Fosgate amp (~$500). Bass and drum pedals sound much better…. (And it was fun to reminisce younger times. See pic.)
-- Steering wheel cover, leather, stitched. (The original was starting to show it’s age, so… see pic.)
-- 3M DiNoc black carbom fiber (~$300) on the hood-scoop (was scratched by first owner), center console and door parts (Painting it? The vinyl is easier to work. See pic.)
-- WhiteStar Swaybars 21mm and 19mm (~$400) (Because Subaru thought I was happy with a tilting wagon that required new bushings every year, and since they don’t sell just the bushings, you have to buy the whole swaybar and links! For the same price, the car corners flatter and better, is better balanced, and you can get bushings easier and cheaper.). Hey Subaru, since when is it ok to annoy your customers?
-- The front lower control arm bushings are slightly stiffer – two holes from WRX, instead of 3 holes original. It makes for a slightly firmer feeling. If I were to do it again, I’d go one step up and use Group N bushings (same material, but no holes – all solid), for an even firmer suspension without the NHV of poly bushings.
-- The car once had dark film in all windows. Legislation changed and I had to strip it from all but driver/passenger sides. Also has a strip at the top of the windshied legally.
-- VF52 turbo, 3in Down Pipe, catless up-pipe, with oil feed mesh removed. Back in 2014, I changed the whole thing before the common failures ever showed up. ($1400)
-- Tuned by Bren tunning, correcting Cyl #1 fuel pressure, while keeping OEM intercooler, and intake pressure capped at 16psi max. The car does 20mpg comfortably. ($600). (With new up-pipe, turbo, and down-pipe, a tune was mandatory. Plus it resolves the common lean/knocks due to the fueling design).
-- Custom 2.5in one-exit Lou’s exhaust. (The original rusted away and I got tired of trying to fix that crappy idea. The custom one was easier, sounded better, and cost a third of the OEM. ~ $500)
-- Subaru had the most annoying chime announcing door open, seatbelt, etc, etc, etc. Impossible to disable, and would not stop. They also have the lights in the dashboard showing the same information but quietly, which was plenty for me… so chime deleted. Dear Subaru, since when is it ok to annoy your customers?
-- Bumper cover and front grill had a bit of a disagreement with Newton’s 3rd Law some winters ago. I fixed the grill with a metallic mesh and DiNoc, and sanded the bumper cover in a few places, but did not get to painting… it is not a proud moment of my life – not yet. See pic.

What needs work:
-- Oil cooler makes nightly sacrifices of two drops of hot oil to The Gods of Lubrication, making my garage floor artistically decorated. It costs some $300 to change the cooler, so IMHO it is not worth fixing it.
-- Driver side seat warmer is not warming… I just notice it. Probably a connector under the seat.
-- The DiNoc in the doors has developed folds due to heat/cold cycles over the years… time to re-do it. It was to be done when I get new speakers, but I didn’t get to it. (Pic.)
-- She has no rust on her body, but several small dings (one of them is quarter size) of regular use and grocery getting. I hate them, but not enough to pay for the body work. Not yet. (Pic.)
-- Front bumper has seen better days. It has scratches and blemishes (see picture). I was going to re-paint both bumpers… decided to sell instead.
-- Tow hitch would benefit from a sanding and repainting weekend – it’s rusting.
-- Hand brake leather / rubber grip needs glue or replacement.

Included with the car:
-- Tow hitch class II and tongue with 2” ball. ($250)
-- Records of maintenance done for the last 9 years, since 27k miles.($$$$$)
-- Subwoofer and amp installed. (see pic.) (~$300)
-- All parts I already have for the next maintenance needs (e.g., PCV valve).($50)

Available but NOT INCLUDED with the car:
-- Valentine V1 custom install, with remote display and fuse, and all wires hidden (see pic.) ($500)
-- Access Port V3, with the regular map for 93 octanes and a secondary map (also from Bren Tunning) for 91 Octanes. ($600)

If you’re interested, contact me. Don’t bother with crazy :spin: low offers :spin: – I’m not interested.

Buyer must come see the car – I will NOT make a long distance deal. This is not a car for teaching you how to drive a manual… it is too powerful and too tight/solid for a learner – if you come to test drive it, I expect you to have experience driving a manual since the last century, at least. Yes, I will require you or your mechanic do a thorough inspection in the car before you buy it, so we have no surprises. Buyer should know what he is getting for the price. Payment in cash or cashier’s check via Bank Of America ONLY.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for new price and other edits.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
a hidden Valentine V1: you driving in CT often, where I guess radar detectors still "illegal"?

I hope you put the car with pics on Legacygt.com too. (need pics there same day).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$9.999 for the car ... Bump!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FS: 05 XT, AWD + Manual + Turbo wagon! (Framingham, MA)

Price: $9,999 …. how much do you want to pay?

Year, Make and Model: 2005, Subaru Outback XT with MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
Color: Golden / Light Brown
Miles: 115k (Still my daily, so it’ll go up)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Title: Clean, at hand.
Lien: No
VIN: 4S4BP68C156315962

It is time to let someone else enjoy this beauty – a manual STI for the family. The last 9 years were a joy, and she has another 10 in her easily (assuming maintenance), I’m in no rush to let her go and I expect it will take time to find a good new owner…. I’m fine with that.

Title clean and in my hands. The airbag and brake line recalls are done. I’m the second owner -- Bought her in Nov. 09 with 27k miles, and have good records since. All maintenance is and has been up to date. Subaru maintenance schedules and new car break-in period- 2000 through 2009, links for 2010, 2011...

The car is for adult owning. She hauls people and gear in any weather. It is NOT a racing car – This is a comfortable family car you can drive anywhere, and overtake anyone you want in any highway, straight or curve, up or down hills, empty or loaded, without ever having any doubt. Back then, Subaru had the great idea of putting a STI engine in a legacy body, but higher, with all the comfort.

She comes with cruise control, 6CDs in dash + subwoofer, dual climate zones, electric driver seat, etc.... Check out ALL the car has to offer: 2005 Outback- Subaru Outback Research site

The car has a beautiful boxer noise and relatively elevated ride height. The wife hates these two characteristics... I could lower and quiet her (the wagon, not the wife), but that would ruin her (the wagon, not the wife)….and it’s cheaper and easier to get another (wagon, not wife).

Maintenance highlights over the last 3 years or so:
-- Timing belt (gates set + thermostat) done at 95k miles by a Subaru master tech.
-- All 4 calipers, rotors, pads, and flex-hoses (original sizes).
-- Steering rack replaced
-- Front shocks and bearings
-- Custom Exhaust (Lou’s Custom, 2.5in, flex pipe, resonator, and high flow muffler)
-- Good Tires (Contin. Extreme Contact DWS original size – absurdly efficient!)
-- Differential and Gearbox oil flush (summer 2017)
-- 2 new TGV valve sensors
-- New swaybar bushings (Oct 2017)
-- Front lower control arm bushings
-- Rear lower control arms and bushings.
-- 2 new belts for AC/Alternator/Steering (Oct 2017)
-- Oil and filter (Mobil-1), and air filters (every 5k miles, or sooner if appropriate)
-- New Bosh Starter, (Jul 18) because I cleaned the original twice and it was time to clean it again, but… since I’m taking the original out anyway and these things will eventually go, and I’d rather change it when I want, instead of when I must.
-- New radiator (Jul 18)
-- All 6,057 pages of the shop manual, PDF format. It teaches you how to do anything in this car – far more than I am willing to play with. Plus, you cal also have all the blueprints for the main systems/parts: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_40/

Upgrades and changes made (and the reasoning for each):
-- Tow hitch class II, flat 4-pins connector inside the car.
-- Horns added (because the “meep-meep” was not enough).
-- Adjustable Cobb Short Throw shifter ($120) and polyurethane bushings. It is now short, precise, stiff, and impossible to rush through the gears – exactly as I wanted it. Compared to original it is some 2in lower, and the longitudinal travel (1st to 2nd) is about 2.5in. (Original was very loose, mushy transition, really was screaming for attention.) Since this is adjustable, you CAN make it longer or shorter, higher or lower.
-- Subwoofer, custom made sealed box, and Rockford Fosgate amp (~$500). Bass and drums sound much better…. (And it was fun to reminisce younger times. See pic.)
-- Steering wheel cover, leather, stitched. (The original was starting to show it’s age, so… see pic.)
-- 3M DiNoc black carbom fiber (~$300) on the hood-scoop (was scratched by first owner), center console and door parts (Painting it? The vinyl is easier to work. See pic.)
-- WhiteStar Swaybars 21mm and 19mm (~$400) (Because Subaru thought I was happy with a tilting wagon that required new bushings every year, and since they don’t sell just the bushings, you have to buy the whole swaybar and links! For the same price, I upgraded and the car corners flatter and better, is better balanced (more neutral), and you can get bushings easier and cheaper.). Hey Subaru, since when is it ok to annoy your customers?
-- The front lower control arm bushings are slightly stiffer – two holes from WRX, instead of 3 holes original. It makes for a slightly firmer feeling. If I were to do it again, I’d go one step up and use Group N bushings (same material, but no holes – all solid), for an even firmer suspension without the NHV of poly bushings.
-- The car once had dark film in all windows. Legislation changed and I had to strip it from all but driver/passenger sides. Also has a strip at the top of the windshied legally.
-- Better (VF52) turbo, 3in DP (Invidia), catless UP, and oil feed mesh removed. I changed the whole thing before the common failures ever showed up. ($1400)
-- Tuned by Bren tuning, correcting fuel pressure issues on cylinder #1, while keeping OEM intercooler, and intake pressure capped at 16psi max. The car does 20mpg comfortably. ($600). (The tune also resolves the common lean/knock issues due to the fueling design).
-- Custom 2.5in one-exit Lou’s exhaust. (The original rusted away and I got tired of trying to fix that bad idea. The custom system was easier, sounded better, and cost a third of the OEM. ~ $500)
-- Subaru had the most annoying chime announcing door open, seatbelt, gas, weather, driving time, etc, etc, etc. Impossible to disable, and would not stop beeping! They also have the lights in the dashboard showing the same information but quietly, which was plenty for me… so chime deleted. Dear Subaru, since when is it ok to annoy your customers?
-- Bumper cover and front grill had a bit of a disagreement with Newton’s 3rd Law. I fixed the grill with a metallic mesh and DiNoc, and sanded some of the bumper cover in a few places, but did not get to painting… it is not a proud moment of my life. See pic.
-- 3 buttons flip key, because reasons…
-- Hand brake got a new black leather cover (over the original rubber), stitched.
-- Tow hitch got removed, sanded, re-treated (POR15) for another 10yrs of NE winter attacks.

What YOU can do when you buy this car:
-- Driver side seat warmer is not warming… I notice it at the end of last winter because I don’t use it. Probably a connector under the seat.
-- The DiNoc in the doors has developed folds due to heat/cold cycles over the years… time to re-do it. It was to be done when I get new speakers, but I didn’t get to it. (Pic.)
-- She has several small dings (one of them is quarter size) of regular use and grocery getting. I hate them, but not enough to pay for the body work. Not yet. (Pic.)
-- Front bumper has seen better days. It has scratches and blemishes (see picture). I was going to re-paint both bumpers… didn’t do it yet.
-- Oil cooler makes random sacrifices of two drops of hot oil to The Gods of Lubrication, making my garage floor artistically decorated. It costs some $300 to change the cooler, so IMHO it is not worth fixing it.

Included with the car:
-- Tow hitch class II and tongue with 2” ball. ($250)
-- Records of maintenance done for the last decade, since 27k miles.($$$$$)
-- Subwoofer and amp installed. (see pic.) (~$300)
-- All parts I already have for the next maintenance needs (e.g., PCV valve).($50)
-- Flip key, 2 regular keys, and extra key, all programmed to work already.(~$150)

Available but NOT INCLUDED with the car:
-- Valentine V1 custom install, with remote display and fuse, and all wires hidden (see pic.) ($500)
-- Access Port V3, with the regular map for 93 octanes and a secondary map (also from Bren Tunning) for 91 Octanes. ($600)

If you’re interested, contact me.

This is not a car for teaching you how to drive a manual… it is too powerful and too tight/solid for a learner – to test drive it, I expect you to have experience driving a manual since the last century, at least. Yes, I recommend an inspection before you buy it, so we have no surprises. Buyer should know what he is getting for the price. Payment in cash or BOA cashier’s check.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
696 Posts
Just throwing this out there... Unless the tune was done but open source, then include the accessport with the car...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for a great car -- ready for the winter!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold!

Please close the thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.