Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT, 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Have owned this great car for over 12 years and now looking for a good home for the next 12 years. Runs great, all repair records available, very clean, single owner, non-smoker, no pets, located in Seattle all 12 years.

This is the somewhat rare '06 OB 2.5XT 5MT non-Limited version. So no sunroof or leather, but it does have these add-on features: factory-installed amplifier/subwoofer, auto-dimming mirror, all weather floor mats, dealer-installed tow hitch. Body color is Blue on top, Grey underneath. Interior is black/grey fabric.

Turbo (+banjo bolt) and clutch (+dual flywheel) have been replaced. Recently replaced tires and battery.

Title is clean and looking for any serious buyers for a quick transaction. I am new here so apparently unable to post large photos or links. I have a craigslist post up with 24 hi-res images and many more details. You can search for that, or contact me and I'll email you the link.

Asking $8,999. Please contact me if interested. Thanks.

working link : https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/2006-subaru-outback-25-xt/6449632924.html

Attachments

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,118 Posts
Has the timing belt been done?

Why a clutch so early?

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
As per the CL ad: replaced turbocharger and banjo bolt with oil pan clean out @ 52,814 miles

Blown Turbo?

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT, 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks eagleeye - Appreciate the help.

Traildogck - timing belt has not been done. I know it is due by time, but not by miles and it hasn't come up as a problem yet, so... Does this seem early for a clutch replacement? I got the impression from the shop that these were notoriously bad and often needed to be replaced after 40k miles. Interested in anything you know on this.

Zedhead - yes blown turbo but nothing catastrophic.

The car was sold earlier today for well over asking. Unbelievable interest in a manual turbo here in Seattle.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,104 Posts
Traildogck - timing belt has not been done. I know it is due by time, but not by miles and it hasn't come up as a problem yet, so...
This philosophy of timing belt maintenance works very well, up until 500 milliseconds before it breaks. At that point, it will look like a very bad philosophy.

Best wishes to the new buyer. Do him or her a favor and advise they do the timing belt immediately.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,192 Posts
Thanks eagleeye - Appreciate the help.

Traildogck - timing belt has not been done. I know it is due by time, but not by miles and it hasn't come up as a problem yet, so... Does this seem early for a clutch replacement? I got the impression from the shop that these were notoriously bad and often needed to be replaced after 40k miles. Interested in anything you know on this.

Zedhead - yes blown turbo but nothing catastrophic.

The car was sold earlier today for well over asking. Unbelievable interest in a manual turbo here in Seattle.
I would think seattle traffic is pretty tough on a clutch.

hope it went to someone that can enjoy it without paying the turbo piper.

closing up as its SOLD :smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.