Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale an outback that has 104,000 miles. It's my daily driver so it will go up. I have owned it for about two years. I acquired it from my wife's parents. They were the original owners who took exceptional care of it. So on to the car. It does need some maintenance that I just don't want to deal with. What I have been doing is changing the oil every 5000 miles. It has new brake crossed drill and slotted rotors, pads and wheel bearings at each corner about 15,000 miles ago. It also has a kobb short shifter and K&N intake on it. It does have a dent in the passenger rear quarter panel(picture below).What it will need is new upper strut mounts, timing belt and water pump replaced. There is an outstanding recall with the passenger airbag which I will take to dealer. Car is located in Elkridge, MD.

I'm looking to get 7000 obo.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
374 Posts
I have for sale an outback that has 104,000 miles. It's my daily driver so it will go up. I have owned it for about two years. I acquired it from my wife's parents. They were the original owners who took exceptional care of it. So on to the car. It does need some maintenance that I just don't want to deal with. What I have been doing is changing the oil every 5000 miles. It has new brake crossed drill and slotted rotors, pads and wheel bearings at each corner about 15,000 miles ago. It also has a kobb short shifter and K&N intake on it. It does have a dent in the passenger rear quarter panel(picture below).What it will need is new upper strut mounts, timing belt and water pump replaced. There is an outstanding recall with the passenger airbag which I will take to dealer.

I'm looking to get 7500 obo.

Location?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT, EJ25 MT, 18g, Stage 2
4 Posts
What does that dial in the middle, below the shifter do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's called the si-drive you can select from 3 different drive modes. Intelligent, sport and sport sharp.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,223 Posts
What oil did you use for these 5K intervals?

What was the oil change regemine from the In-Laws?

Does this car still have the banjo filter in the passenger side head? For the oil feed to the turbo?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used jiffy lube to change the oil. Their synthetic blend.
The in-laws used the dealer in PA that they bought it from.
As for the banjo fitting. I'll have to check on that.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,846 Posts
this one comes with free hockey sticks.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
followup on 2007 Outback XT

I see that this is a turbo model, so already has a beefed up head gasket design. I also see that there are some hop up upgrades such as the short throw shifter and the high flow air filter. Was this car autocrossed or rally crossed? I do not have the post count to PM, so I am providing my contact info here:

Rick Bunch
richardpbunch
at
gmail
dotcom

Interested, but need some further info. Oil change documentation would be helpful, as the biggest extender of turbo life is frequent oil change. Also, the banjo bolt can be an issue on these... Has this been replaced?

Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested cash in my hand please call or text. 225/6o3/19o3
My 08 FXT got rear ended and totaled out Monday
I can be there Saturday.
I sent you a message through your craigslist add also.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.