Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale - set of near new Bridgestone WS80 Blizzak studless winter tires mounted on clean '06 2.5i alloy wheels. Located in the Denver, CO area. No shipping - local meet-up only. $500 OBO for the set.

Bought the tires 10/31/16 for $700.83 from Discount Tire and used them for approximately 3,500 miles on our '07 Outback last winter season. We traded the Outback this summer and can no longer use these.

The tires have a bit over 10/32 of tread left. New is 12/32. There are no sidewall scuffs or any other damage or defects.

The Blizzak WS80 is the top-rated studless ice and snow tire on Tirerack.com. We've been using Blizzaks on our various vehicles over the last 20 years and swear by them.

The wheels are from a 2006 Outback 2.5i and don't have TPMS sensors. There is no curb rash on the wheels. Just a couple of minor nicks and some peeling of the clear-coat along the polished rim edges. We bought them in 2007 and they've only been used on our car for winter tires.

I do have the plastic center caps for the wheels, and those will be included. The paint's a bit worn on the center caps.

More pictures (including one of the invoice) are at my Gallery.

SubaruOutback.org Member Galleries - '07Outback Gallery

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you ever get up to the Rapid City, SD area?
I will pay $500 cash if you deliver.
Thanks, but I have no plans on being up there anytime soon.

I may eventually consider shipping these, but am going to wait a while before going that route in the hope that someone within a 100 mile radius of Denver comes forward.

The beauty of this set is that the tires are nearly as good as new, and they're mounted on factory original wheels that are in excellent condition for their age. With these, one doesn't have to go through the twice a year changeover ritual at a tire shop, or drive several months of the year on ugly steel or aftermarket wheels. :)

Anyway, I'll update the post and PM you if I eventually do decide to offer shipping.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Big snow" forecast for the mountains today and through the weekend, and most of the ski areas are opening up. If you want to take your old Outback up there, you'll want these. :20: :20:

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited 2.5i
4 Posts
Thanks, but I have no plans on being up there anytime soon.

I may eventually consider shipping these, but am going to wait a while before going that route in the hope that someone within a 100 mile radius of Denver comes forward.

The beauty of this set is that the tires are nearly as good as new, and they're mounted on factory original wheels that are in excellent condition for their age. With these, one doesn't have to go through the twice a year changeover ritual at a tire shop, or drive several months of the year on ugly steel or aftermarket wheels. :)

Anyway, I'll update the post and PM you if I eventually do decide to offer shipping.

Hi again. I'm thinking about travelling through the Denver area between Christmas and New Year on my way home from visiting family.
If you haven't sold your tires by then, and you are available to meet during that time, I would be interested in picking them up if you are willing to come down on the price.
Another factor that might deter me would be the road conditions during that time. I currently have touring tires on my Outback.
I will check back with you before Christmas.
Thanks.
Brian

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again. I'm thinking about travelling through the Denver area between Christmas and New Year on my way home from visiting family.
If you haven't sold your tires by then, and you are available to meet during that time, I would be interested in picking them up if you are willing to come down on the price.
Another factor that might deter me would be the road conditions during that time. I currently have touring tires on my Outback.
I will check back with you before Christmas.
Thanks.
Brian
Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply. I noticed that you have a 2014 Outback. So, I'm guessing that your tire size is 225/60-17. These may be a bit small for your car as they're a lower profile (225/55-17). If you're OK with that, you may want to check with a dealer anyway to make sure the wheels will work with your car (whether the bolt pattern, offset, clearance, etc. are compatible). I don't think I've ever seen a Gen 4 Outback with Gen 3 wheels, which may be an indication that they're not compatible. I'd gladly sell them to you (if we can agree on the price), but I don't want to stick you with something you can't use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply. I noticed that you have a 2014 Outback. So, I'm guessing that your tire size is 225/60-17. These may be a bit small for your car as they're a lower profile (225/55-17). If you're OK with that, you may want to check with a dealer anyway to make sure the wheels will work with your car (whether the bolt pattern, offset, clearance, etc. are compatible). I don't think I've ever seen a Gen 4 Outback with Gen 3 wheels, which may be an indication that they're not compatible. I'd gladly sell them to you (if we can agree on the price), but I don't want to stick you with something you can't use.

Yes, they are 60's.

I checked the specs on Wheel-size.com and according to their specs, if you have factory original wheels for a 2006 2.5i, the rims may actually be identical. The rim model listed for my 2014 2.5i is
"7jjx17 ET48".
2006 2.5i with 225/55r17 wheels should have the same model rim.
Centerbore, lug pattern and thread size should also be identical.
Even if the rim models are different, They should still be compatible as long as your original wheels weren't intended for 50's rather than 55's.
I will research further and double-check with a dealer, but I'm pretty sure they will fit just fine.

I am also considering a trip to Denver before the Christmas, so, if the specs are correct, I might be able to come down even sooner, if the weather isn't too severe.
Let me know your contact info in a PM if you want to communicate more privately.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they are 60's.

I checked the specs on Wheel-size.com and according to their specs, if you have factory original wheels for a 2006 2.5i, the rims may actually be identical. The rim model listed for my 2014 2.5i is
"7jjx17 ET48".
2006 2.5i with 225/55r17 wheels should have the same model rim.
Centerbore, lug pattern and thread size should also be identical.
Even if the rim models are different, They should still be compatible as long as your original wheels weren't intended for 50's rather than 55's.
I will research further and double-check with a dealer, but I'm pretty sure they will fit just fine.

I am also considering a trip to Denver before the Christmas, so, if the specs are correct, I might be able to come down even sooner, if the weather isn't too severe.
Let me know your contact info in a PM if you want to communicate more privately.
Hi Brian,

These are factory original wheels for a 2006 Outback 2.5i. They show a number of "17X7 JJ 48". They also show the numbers "B64" and "SB20A".

As I mentioned in my original post, these do not have TPMS sensors. So, you may want to ask the dealer what consequence that will have on your car. On my '07, the warning light would slowly flash (constantly), but it had no affect on the driveability of the car. I'd heard that some early models with TPMS would go into some kind of "limp home" mode when the system was triggered - not sure if that was really true, but I'd ask anyway to make sure.

Anyway, if you find that they'll work for you, feel free to send me a PM with your price offer and we can go from there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Brian,

These are factory original wheels for a 2006 Outback 2.5i. They show a number of "17X7 JJ 48". They also show the numbers "B64" and "SB20A".

As I mentioned in my original post, these do not have TPMS sensors. So, you may want to ask the dealer what consequence that will have on your car. On my '07, the warning light would slowly flash (constantly), but it had no affect on the driveability of the car. I'd heard that some early models with TPMS would go into some kind of "limp home" mode when the system was triggered - not sure if that was really true, but I'd ask anyway to make sure.

Anyway, if you find that they'll work for you, feel free to send me a PM with your price offer and we can go from there.

Thanks!
The number on your rims is a match for my model, so that will work.
Turns out we can't PM unless we already have a specified number of posts, so how about you just contact my e-mail: bstoffers at aol dot com.
I'm offering 400 cash at the location of your choice as long as it's in the Denver area.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sold

The number on your rims is a match for my model, so that will work.
Turns out we can't PM unless we already have a specified number of posts, so how about you just contact my e-mail: bstoffers at aol dot com.
I'm offering 400 cash at the location of your choice as long as it's in the Denver area.
Sounds good, Brian. Email sent. I included a picture of them on the car in that email so you can see what they looked like on the car. I'll consider them sold. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.