Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A set of brand new, never installed headers for the 3.0/3.6 Subaru H6.

These will fit the 2005-2014 6 cylinder models.

They will NOT fit the 2015+

2.25 outlet. Spacers included to use for different years.

Gains as much as 40 HP/ft lb have been reported with these.

I'm in them 400$ which is my asking price.

Buyer responsible for shipping.

http://raptorsc.com.au/subaru/subaru-libertylegacy-5gen-h6-3-6-ez36-header-kits/

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,048 Posts
how much added noise do they make?
@botenredwolf wants more tickets.

Reactions: botenredwolf

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
I call bull on that wide of fitment. Single port heads remember?

edit: didn't read the whole thing... prove they'll fit mine, gimme a bit to save up, and I'll probably call dibs.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,048 Posts
I guess this would go over better for all buyers,

if the OP provided a stock number and a factory link.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,048 Posts
that link says right on it Mr. Ed. @west_minist

"
The dyno results shown were after engine was retuned to maximise the potential the new headers offered. Engine was max tuned prior to fitting headers, so gains are entirely due to headers. The without tuning the headers offer 5-7kw gains in peak power/torque and huge 20+kw gain at 7300rpm. Tuned by XRT of Barbados.
"

Reactions: Shamous

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
554 Posts
Pricing is different for 4th Gen (3.0) Liberty, 5th Gen 3.6, and 6th Gen 3.6. They're apparently using the Australian or overseas generations numbers, so our Current 5th is their 6th, our 4th Gen (10-14) is their 5th, and so forth. Not sure they're universal up to 2014, and might stop at 2009 here in the US. Might just be the fittings, or could be changes in the port openings or routing around the transmission changes. The 3.0 models used a 4 Speed in 2001, I almost bought one back then, I *think* the 3.0 used a 5 spd with the 3rd gen redesign, but didn't inherit the 3.6 until the 2010 model year here in the US. - Could have sworn the exhaust ports/valves may have changed in the 3.6 vs the older 3.0, but not positive, which also allowed use of 87 octane over the 3.0's thirst for premium.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I call bull on that wide of fitment. Single port heads remember?

edit: didn't read the whole thing... prove they'll fit mine, gimme a bit to save up, and I'll probably call dibs.

http://raptorsc.com.au/subaru/subaru-libertylegacy-5gen-h6-3-6-ez36-header-kits/

It's my understanding the 3.0/3.6 uses the same physical part. The 3.6 gets a spacer to extend it to fit.

If this is incorrect I will change it. Emailing the manufacturer now but he's hard to get in contact with.

Here is a link on a legacy 3.6 with a full exhaust showing 340 ft lbs with dyno graph.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4959653&postcount=995

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Pricing is different for 4th Gen (3.0) Liberty, 5th Gen 3.6, and 6th Gen 3.6. They're apparently using the Australian or overseas generations numbers, so our Current 5th is their 6th, our 4th Gen (10-14) is their 5th, and so forth. Not sure they're universal up to 2014, and might stop at 2009 here in the US. Might just be the fittings, or could be changes in the port openings or routing around the transmission changes. The 3.0 models used a 4 Speed in 2001, I almost bought one back then, I *think* the 3.0 used a 5 spd with the 3rd gen redesign, but didn't inherit the 3.6 until the 2010 model year here in the US. - Could have sworn the exhaust ports/valves may have changed in the 3.6 vs the older 3.0, but not positive, which also allowed use of 87 octane over the 3.0's thirst for premium.
oh yeah, I'd love to be able to put 87 in here and run normally and over 20mpg, but I need the 93 for that.

OT though, nothing that I've found, exhaust-wise, or at least for the front sections, works across the split from 04-05, as they changed exhaust porting from 1 per bank to 1 per cylinder. Attached shows some crap eBay headers and the raptor headers, but it shows the way mine mates up vs the raptor ones.

Attachments

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,371 Posts
*drools*

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah, I'd love to be able to put 87 in here and run normally and over 20mpg, but I need the 93 for that.

OT though, nothing that I've found, exhaust-wise, or at least for the front sections, works across the split from 04-05, as they changed exhaust porting from 1 per bank to 1 per cylinder. Attached shows some crap eBay headers and the raptor headers, but it shows the way mine mates up vs the raptor ones.
Your picture of the exhaust port is enough to make me doubt their fitment on the 01-04 3.0 that I've changed the posting.

It says they work on any EZ30 motor so I thought that meant it would work on any EZ30 motor.

My apologies for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Nah, you're good, it happens. The 01-04 EZ30's are in a class of their own for parts...

because there aren't any. (hence my other thread about custom manifolds/UEL vs. EL/etc.)

·
Registered
'08 3.0R Limited Sedan; '09 Outback 3.0R
152 Posts
"
The dyno results shown were after engine was retuned to maximise the potential the new headers offered. Engine was max tuned prior to fitting headers, so gains are entirely due to headers. The without tuning the headers offer 5-7kw gains in peak power/torque and huge 20+kw gain at 7300rpm. Tuned by XRT of Barbados.
"
Were these gains on a real dyno, or just predictions/estimates? Almost every XRT dyno plot I see isn't from an actual physical dyno, but rather a guesstimate based on recorded data of some sort. It's a lot easier for me to trust in actual dynos when making such significant HP/TQ boost claims. We are talking a 20% gain in HP from a tune and header.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Were these gains on a real dyno, or just predictions/estimates? Almost every XRT dyno plot I see isn't from an actual physical dyno, but rather a guesstimate based on recorded data of some sort. It's a lot easier for me to trust in actual dynos when making such significant HP/TQ boost claims. We are talking a 20% gain in HP from a tune and header.
There is an actual dyno run linked later on.

Headers/exhaust intake and tune. You can pick how much the headers are worth.

·
Registered
'08 3.0R Limited Sedan; '09 Outback 3.0R
152 Posts
There is an actual dyno run linked later on.

Headers/exhaust intake and tune. You can pick how much the headers are worth.
Oh, I see it now. I find it a little confusing to follow because there is no baseline graph and it is in flywheel HP/TQ. It looks like the headers gained about +10HP and +15ft-lb. The graph shows that headers without a tune lost 5-10HP, and with the tune gained back all that was lost and added another 10HP or so.

Is it accurate to say the 3.6L responds pretty well to a tune (+10WHP, +20WTQ), and that adding headers is good for another +10WHP/+15WTQ?

For the particular dyno and environmental variables, assuming a 23% drivetrain loss:
260BHP * .77 = 201WHP. Stock would be around 180WHP .
339BTQ * .77 = 261WTQ. Stock would be around 210-220Wft-lb

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, I see it now. I find it a little confusing to follow because there is no baseline graph and it is in flywheel HP/TQ. It looks like the headers gained about +10HP and +15ft-lb. The graph shows that headers without a tune lost 5-10HP, and with the tune gained back all that was lost and added another 10HP or so.

Is it accurate to say the 3.6L responds pretty well to a tune (+10WHP, +20WTQ), and that adding headers is good for another +10WHP/+15WTQ?

For the particular dyno and environmental variables, assuming a 23% drivetrain loss:
260BHP * .77 = 201WHP. Stock would be around 180WHP .
339BTQ * .77 = 261WTQ. Stock would be around 210-220Wft-lb
Sounds accurate to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.