Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
  • Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
  • Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
  • In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard
I can tell you that sometimes mine loses connection and replugging it usually helps but just yesterday, it wouldnt accept the connection when I started in the car. I found it odd, it says carplay cant connect - so it knows what type of phone its connecting to, but wont connect - which tells me SOMETHING is connecting right, but regardless, after a couple of the errors when I unplugged and replugged, it suddenly wouldnt even give an error or anything, just wouldnt connect. I had to reboot the infotainment system, while car was on - doing to long hold on the main volume knob, after reboot - it connected to car play right away.
So, no idea if this will address anything I am dealing with, but wanted to alert everyone there was an ios update addressing some car play stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
  • Resolves an issue where CarPlay may lose its connection in certain vehicles
  • Fixes an issue in CarPlay where the view in Maps may move away briefly from the current area
  • Third-party navigation app support for the CarPlay Dashboard
  • In-call information appears on the CarPlay Dashboard
I can tell you that sometimes mine loses connection and replugging it usually helps but just yesterday, it wouldnt accept the connection when I started in the car. I found it odd, it says carplay cant connect - so it knows what type of phone its connecting to, but wont connect - which tells me SOMETHING is connecting right, but regardless, after a couple of the errors when I unplugged and replugged, it suddenly wouldnt even give an error or anything, just wouldnt connect. I had to reboot the infotainment system, while car was on - doing to long hold on the main volume knob, after reboot - it connected to car play right away.
So, no idea if this will address anything I am dealing with, but wanted to alert everyone there was an ios update addressing some car play stuff.
Next time, try deleting your phone from the car infotainment, and also go in your iPhone and “forget” the Subaru Bluetooth connection. Now you can do a fresh connection as if it was the first time. This always seems to work for me when my phone won’t connect. Have to do it on both though, otherwise if it’s only done on one it does t work. This only takes a min to do and don’t have to reboot the whole infotainment system.
Now I don’t use car play for my iPhone and I just use the Bluetooth and all calls and music plays flawlessly. I love it so much better than car play. Except when the whole infotainment glitches. Then just have to restart the car and that works.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
66 Posts
Hopefully this works! I've gotten the below message a handful of times, and it's really annoying.

IMG_3562.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully this works! I've gotten the below message a handful of times, and it's really annoying.

View attachment 481224
yep thats the one. SOMETHING is connecting as it knows its an iphone. Thats the one that last night appeared 3 times, then the phone just wasnt seen anymore at all (no more errors), until I rebooted the whole infotainment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my outback. Hate the iPad Pro (just kidding) I’m the center. Love how easy and intuitive it is, as anyone can figure it out unlike some other manufacturers infotainments. But I hate the glitches. Makes me miss separate radios, heating/air/AWD and 4x4 switches, etc that cars used to have. At least if one went out you weren’t TOTALLY screwed. That’s my best real fear with this as my entire screen has blacked out twice on me (and it wasn’t even drinking) in two months and only came back upon restarting the car. Keeps happening, I’ll pay someone to set everything up with switches and knobs. Lol

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
742 Posts
I had my first experience of a glitch in the infotainment system yesterday, where I got a display saying something like "No Audio", and both the radio and the media player were totally inoperative.

Maybe it is just coincidence, but just before this happened, I had established a paid subscription for SiriusXM, to replace my expiring "four months free" trial. I wondered if it was the download of new subscription info to the SiriusXM radio that perhaps "triggered" the glitch. (It was not just the SiriusXM radio that wasn't working, but rather ALL radio/audio functions, including SiriusXM, AM, and FM. The radio and media buttons from the home screen were "inert"....)

Doing an immediate restart didn't fix things. But leaving the car off for 30-40 minutes, and then restarting, cleared everything up. No need to reset the infotainment system, or disconnect the battery,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts