Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Range Rover Sport is getting old in the tooth now and I am due for a change. I don't need a dedicated 4wd anymore so I don't want to tie up extra capital for nothing. However, I live in a rural area and need a car that can handle bush tracks and gravel roads with no dramas. After exhaustive comparisons I find I keep coming back to the OB, the 2018 version will be in Australia in November, so I will be trading in then. Wanted the diesel but have been put off by all the stories relating to particle burning problems so will opt for the 3.6r - all I have to do now is decide on the colour:)

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I picked up A dark blue pearl one: very dark blue, can be mistaken for black in the right light, or if you have color perception issues...

It has more than sufficient power for acceleration to get out of its own way and merge onto highways with fairly short ramps and slow idiots in the way. I’ve also already been on less-than-ideal gravel roads and some light off-road, and it handles it nicely without shaking out your teeth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a look at some US video adds that featured the Dark Blue Pearl - looks very classy. Pleased to hear it handle gravel well but I think I will get a steel sump guard fitted as some of the tracks to my favorite fishing spots are less than ideal.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,843 Posts
I had a look at some US video adds that featured the Dark Blue Pearl - looks very classy. Pleased to hear it handle gravel well but I think I will get a steel sump guard fitted as some of the tracks to my favorite fishing spots are less than ideal.
there are actually lots of aussie companies that make great metal skid plates for subarus. and full massive bumper roo guards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts