Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Outback for about a month and just left some hairline scratches in my infotainment trying to vacuum it (stupid, I know). They are driving me NUTS!!!!! I'm afraid that putting any cleaners on it will only make it worse. Obviously, I wouldn't use an abrasive. I read meguiars 17 clear plastic polish may be a good option but I am afraid to try it.

Has anyone had any luck fixing infotainment scratches? Could really use your help....

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,284 Posts
It seems that the plastic infotainment screen is relatively soft and easily scratched plastic, so I think your hesitancy to use abrasives is a good instinct, however if the scratches are deep then ultimately only an abrasive will "sand down" the surface to truly remove the scratches.

If you want to use something even more gentle than Meguiar's 17 I would start with Brillianize, and no matter what happens with the scratch, it's a great plastic cleaner for everyday maintenance. I use it.

Reactions: DanielAcosta
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.