Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the noise of vibration , which feels like coming after hitting two metals.
This noise is heard while driving on road which is not perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,511 Posts
Can you give us more details, please?

Please tell us what is the year and model of your car and how many miles or km on it, to start.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
for us not psychic types, how about any information about the vehicle?

Like year, model, miles, etc.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,693 Posts
wow - uh, has the steering and suspension been inspected?

broken sway bar, broken spring, loose brake shield....there could be 4-5 things that 'might', under specific circumstances, cause a noise like you describe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you give us more details, please?

Please tell us what is the year and model of your car and how many miles or km on it, to start.
I have 2017 OB and having 12k miles on it. It was in accident May 2018, when the body shop completed the repairs. I started hearing sound from last month. I took to my dealer and he said the axle is bad and engine mount is bent. I am not sure if such thing were missed during initial repair by body shop.
I also read some post that Subaru had issue in bearings. Can it happen that Subaru want to blame the accident if the issue at Subaru side.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,693 Posts
well, if there was an insurance claim, you can make a new claim for 'hidden damage' or w'ever they call it. Also, both the collision shop and maybe the insurance company will have a warranty on their work.

I'd give the bodyshop a chance to locate and fix the problem, if they say it's new and unrelated to the wreck, get that in writing and take the car to Subaru. If they deny the warranty claim because of the wreck, then yeah, you may need to get the insurance company involved....or a lawyer.

get things in writing - bad axle, engine mount ....w'ever. You may need those documents. If possible, get photos as well.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,444 Posts
Bent motor mount????? That's a new one. Repair sales must be low.

If the axle is bad and not related to the accident, its warranty.

The body shop may have left a body panel loose, suspension component loose, etc.. Where was the damage and what was the extent? This will help narrow it down.

Don't assume that the body shop used new parts even though they charged your insurance for new parts. Parts from a wreck to fix a wreck are common practice and the insurance companies know it. They pay anyway because they make it back in high premiums. Also, some times, often, the body tech will use fasteners that seem to "fit" when assembling the car and these fasteners can come loose or allow panels to vibrate. There are a lot of plastic fasteners on the car.

Legos and Knex. Great idea to induce creativity. Bad idea for automobile assembly, but that's what the newer cars resemble. Snap together parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts