Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it all installed, and it sounds awesome. Plenty of volume! I had installed Infinity 60.11cs component speakers in the front, Infinity 62.11i coaxial in the rear, and a Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 in the subs place. The amp is tucked very nicely under the seat. It is a Kenwood XR901-5, and I ended up replacing the head unit with a Kenwood DDX9903S. I was going to run the factory unit, but there were compatibility issues. It is an awesome setup for the person that wants more volume, without shredding your ear drums, although it gets loud enough too. I even added a "Subaru" logo to the startup splash screen.

Attachments

Reactions: huja

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
449 Posts
Impressive. Glad you're happy with it.

·
Registered
13 3.6 SAP
151 Posts
That is awesome. Any tips? I plan to eventually do something like this with the amp under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'13 3.6R Limited
30 Posts
Looks great! I wish I could upgrade my headunit than go all out, but from my research, it appears to be a lengthy process (3.6 w/Nav).

·
Registered
2012 OB 2.5i Limited
68 Posts
Been looking at that same Kenwood deck - did you use the iDatalink Maestro RR and can you talk about what steering wheel controls you were able to maintain?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is awesome. Any tips? I plan to eventually do something like this with the amp under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could use the the same or similar set up I used. Tweak it from there. I thought mine out for a while. It is a good foundation, I think, to keep it looking factory.

·
Premium Member
2018 OB Limited 2.5
302 Posts
Nice work. Not sure I could live without a volume knob—steering wheel control still works? Did you upgrade your speakers too?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work. Not sure I could live without a volume knob—steering wheel control still works? Did you upgrade your speakers too?
Yes. I listed all the parts I used in the first post. It all came together nicely.

·
Premium Member
2018 OB Limited 2.5
302 Posts
Yes. I listed all the parts I used in the first post. It all came together nicely.

Ahh. Thanks I missed that. I just place an order for Infinity speakers today while Crutchfield had them on sale. The 6x9 are back ordered for a few weeks but I’m not in a rush.

·
Premium Member
2018 OB Limited 2.5
302 Posts
Upgraded the 3 tweeters on the dash today. Can’t tell a huge difference but I’m hoping they sound even better one way broken in and I get the doors done. (I do have an extra Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx tweeter I can sell since they come in pairs if anyone wants to use the same brand...).

·
Registered
2006 Outback L.L. Bean.
42 Posts
Great jobs, looks good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts