Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I am a first time Subaru owner and since the car is used, I am tempted to have basic maintenance - such as oil changes - done at a dealership. The thinking is that a Subaru dealership mechanic will catch any other issues I don't have the expertise to see, use Subaru parts etc.

But I read so many negative reviews of Subaru dealers in Southern California I wonder if it is worth the trouble and extra cost.

Can anyone recommend a reputable dealership for maintenance or a good Subaru mechanic otherwise? I live close to downtown Los Angeles but don't mind traveling a little to see someone reliable.

Much thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greetings and welcome,

If you're looking for a place to start a maintenance record on your car, I'd recommend finding a local private garage instead of a full dealership. I think it's just my own bias, but I tend to give more credibility to private garages that have a good standing with repeat customers. I'm not local to the LA area, but my first thought is to look around on Yelp. After that, look through the other Subaru forums for their experience. There aren't many Subarus here to start with, but what there are of them tend to be WRX's and Foresters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had good luck with Subaru of Ontario and to some extent Subaru of San Bernardino. There tend to be more Outbacks out this way because of the proximity to Big Bear/Arrowhead and other mountain towns.

In Upland is an independent shop called Superior Subaru and he really knows his stuff and is reasonably priced.

The biggest thing with a dealer (not specific to Subaru) is they have certain services they try to sell you which really aren't necessary. With good oversight I think a Subaru dealer is the best choice especially if you have a warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jeffd
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing