Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I requested an internet quote for a factory order new 2013 Outback from the following Lower Peninsula Michigan dealers.

Suburban - Troy, MI. 48084
Williams - Lansing, MI. 48912
Hodges - Ferndale, MI. 48220
Dunning - Ann Arbor, MI. 48103
Glassman - Southfield, MI 48034
Maple Hill - Kalamazoo, MI. 49009
Dwyer - Commerce, MI. 48390

I gave them my exact wish list that I would be ordering. Which was:
2013 2.5i Limited with Moonroof, Navigation, and Eyesight.
Accessories included:
All weather mats
Rear Cargo net
Rear Bumper cover
Remote Engine Start
Wheel Locks
Puddle Lights
Splash guards
Rear Seat Protectors
Gold+ Extended Warranty 7/100K/0 deductible

All of the Internet salesman got back to me very quickly with the information I requested. Made themselves available for any followup questions. The quotes they gave me were very informative. The listing you see above is how they ranked in price from lowest to highest. The difference between the lowest (Suburban) and the highest (Dwyer) was $1311. I ultimately ordered from Dunning because they were the closest to me and had done all the test drives and spent the most of their time with me, answering my questions. The only reason I didn't purchase from the lower quoting dealers was their distance from me. And frankly with the information gathered from this forum. And the info provided by the other 6 Michigan dealers. I was able to negotiate a lower price with Dunning. At the end only Suburban and Williams were lower. But only by ~$400. If I were closer to Suburban or Williams. It would have been more in their favor. I would definitely consider giving them your business.
Now I just need to wait for the car to arrive and see if they make the closing as pain free as possible. Part of me wonders if they'll try to make a change to the deal we agreed upon to get the order. If they do I'll definitely be leaving an update to this thread.

I did contact one dealer in Toledo Ohio, Yark Subaru. They would not send me their pricing. Insisting instead on me sending them my lowest offer. I didn't want to do that, but did finally just to see. They agreed it was an aggressive offer and they would consider beating it. But at that point I just didn't like the vibe I was getting. And didn't feel it fair to give them this option. So they fell out of consideration.

In summary, I was impressed with all the Michigan dealers contacted. And I believe this forum along with using the Internet sales departments of car dealerships. Helped save me a lot of time and money. Especially the Gold+ warranty pricing.

Thank you all. :29:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was very impressed with Maple Hill, which is where I ultimately purchased mine. My salesman was phenomenal and spent alot of time with me. I bought a 2013 2.5i premium. Also purchased the 7/100 warranty. Im relieved to be rid of my previous POS dodge Journey, and this time with my Subaru OB is the beginning of a love affair!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

My factory order, placed 10/31/12, has arrived and was picked up 11/28/12. One month from order to driving off the lot. One dealer I was negotioating with suggested if I place an order it might take 3 months to arrive. Obviously wanting me to choose one off their lot.
Anyway, my dealer Dunning Subaru, made the closing process very easy. Only once asking if I would like the paint protection package. I said no and they didn't push anymore dealer packages. When we ordered Subaru was offering 1.9% for 36 months. When we closed 11/28 it was 0.9% for up to 48 months. Hard to beat that offer. Anyway so far we are really happy as first time Subaru owners. The eyesight system is working great so far, really like it. The manual says the camera records what it sees along with other data like speed, throttle/brake systems and other black box type info. :eek: Would be neat if someone knew how to view the recorded video images.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would urge everyone to check pricing in Chicago, which averages about 6% less than in SE Michigan, and is a $30 Amtrak ride away. We purchased a 2.5 limited at Dunning, who gave us both a good purchasing experience and was very helpful with option selection and was no pressure. Having a competitive quote saved us about $1800 from their original price. Dunning also went through the paint protection demo, plus the plethora of 'menu' packs (prepaid service, extended warranty, gap insurance etc..) which was kind of amusing.

Maple Hill was the most impressive of the dealers we contacted, but didn't have the best pricing (but they had excellent service pricing - $35 Synthetic oil changes, etc) . They are a luxury car dealer who also sells Subaru and the high service attitude is prevalent across their line.

Servicing your car at a good dealer makes a difference if you have problems after warranty - they will be your advocate with the dealer rep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've bought two new cars from Williams, my new Outback and my 2005 WRX and have been happy with both purchases. Their service department is also excellent. Honest, good work, with competitive prices (modulo OEM parts prices).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
UsedToHaveWRX
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing