Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 outback ll bean h6 3.0
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going with 16 inch sparco terra the exact size is 16x7 with a 35mm offset. My car has a 2 inch lift also, will this work without rubbing issues?? What size tires should I be looking at? I want a/t tires but don't want terrible gas mileage or a lot of road noise either so I was looking at yokohma geolanders a/t tires or toyo open country a/t tires. Which one do you guys like?

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
I have read in a couple of places that the Geolandar G015's are not any noisier on the street or highway than most non-A/T tires. From what I've looked at with them, the big limitation to fitting them on the OBW is that there are very few size options, but I have been looking at 17"-diameter sizes, not 16. I would think that 16" wheels would give you a good bit more leeway, particularly with a 2" lift. There are some other threads talking on here talking about options and what will fit, so I would suggest looking those over (I believe they are in the "Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension" category) and continuing your inquiry there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read in a couple of places that the Geolandar G015's are not any noisier on the street or highway than most non-A/T tires. From what I've looked at with them, the big limitation to fitting them on the OBW is that there are very few size options, but I have been looking at 17"-diameter sizes, not 16. I would think that 16" wheels would give you a good bit more leeway, particularly with a 2" lift. There are some other threads talking on here talking about options and what will fit, so I would suggest looking those over (I believe they are in the "Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension" category) and continuing your inquiry there.
yeah the guy at discount said he would have to special order the 16 inch yoko's but he said he really liked them! he suggested 235/60/16 for the size just wanted to know what you guys think?? I want an aggressive look

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
I updated the thread title and moved it too "unpaved" so someone might see it.

the offroadsubarus board might have more people in one place with cars like yours, although a lot post on the unpaved section here.

OFFROADSUBARUS.com

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Base, Pearl White
128 Posts
I'm running the 215/65/16 G015 on my 2005 at 34/33 with stiffer lifted King Springs. I really love them, they are very quiet and very grippy, no clearance issues at all. They do excellent in sand, slick mud, ice snow and wet roads. They weigh about the same as a stock road tire and if you get those wheels you'll come in at 7-8lbs under stock per corner. In looking at my car and the clearance I have left I'd wondered if I could have stuffed the 215/70/16 under there.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Try 215/65R16 or maybe 215/70R16 at the tallest.
I think a 235-width tire will be problematic with a 35mm offset, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could I do 225/70/16 with the yokos? I was also considering ko2 in the same size lmk what you guys think!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts