Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - sorry if this is a stupid question. Just got my 2012 back after 2 weeks in the shop from being rear-ended by an uninsured driver :rolleyes:

Everything looks good, but I have one question:

The hole where you thread the "spare tire" threaded piece down into (screw into the bottom of the car to hold the tire in place), should I be able to see right through it down to the ground? I feel like there should be a plug on the bottom side, but unfortunately cannot exactly remember what it was like before it went it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can go snap a pick too if it help - thanks for any input! :29:

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5 5-spd
23 Posts
I would think there should at least be a plug for drainage or something in there, but I don't know for sure.....sorry I couldn't be of more help

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think there should at least be a plug for drainage or something in there, but I don't know for sure.....sorry I couldn't be of more help
Well right now it would drain beautifully since it's open to everything :D

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
There is a plug, otherwise, water will get in from the bottom. I'll get a pic soon, car is not with me at moment.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a plug, otherwise, water will get in from the bottom. I'll get a pic soon, car is not with me at moment.
If you wouldn't mind snapping a quick picture for me, I would HUGELY appreciate it - want to show the shop the exact part Monday. A heavy layering of duct tape should keep it dry ;)

Thanks so much for everyone's help! And hey, at least I'm out of the darn VW rental and back into my Outback!

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,072 Posts
This was mine before repair but you can see the plug. If you want me to get a post-repair picture of it I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was mine before repair but you can see the plug. If you want me to get a post-repair picture of it I can.
Excellent, thanks a ton for your help! I sent over the pic this am and shop claims to already have it ready and waiting for me (good timing given that we have more showers headed in this evening)

:29:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts