Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback Ltd
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear Friends,

I have Subaru outback 2000, 2.5 with 130K miles on it. I have had this symptoms now for past few weeks. When i start the engine on cold temperatures, it starts perfectly fine. I will drive it to first traffic lights, stop on red and the engine will stall. Then I will need to be cranking the engine for more then a minute or two before it starts. Battery and starter sounds like are fine but i think it gets too much gas and it floods the sparkplugs. Dont know why. When the engine warms up to operating temperatures it is just fine. Runs perfectly and would start right away every time i shut it.

I just did a test now. I started cold engine after all night. It started perfectly fine. I let it run for a couple minutes on idle and seemed to be running fine with no stalling. I put a reverse and wanted to leave a driveway and the moment i tried to accelerate on reverse and it stalled. Tried to start the engine and I needed to be cranking for over about two minutes before it started. Could it be some sensor, why would it get more gas to be flooding sparkplugs on cold?

I would appreciate any advice. Hope it is not expensive fix.

Regards, yacoosh

·
Registered
2001 Outback Ltd
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

Thanks for looking at my post and all your advices. Problem solved. It turned out that there was no issue with leaking vacuum, no issues with any sensors, O2 and all my suspicions. Found a subaru mechanic who adjusted valves and all problems went away. The car runs like a champ, very smooth, so responsive to acceleration. I am shocked by the performance improvements, not mentioned way better mileage.

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts