Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 3.6 Limited and have noticed that the driver side dash speaker rattles only when I'm listening to the AM radio (670 The Score for all you Chicagoans). It stops when I turn the radio off or switch to FM or satellite, but it's very consistent (and annoying) when on AM. I've tried adjusting the equalizer (which I'm still not 100% on what's what), but no difference. Wondering if anyone else has had a speaker problem or knows a fix.

·
Registered
'13 Ouback 3.6 limited
63 Posts
I have a '13 3.6 Limited and have noticed that the driver side dash speaker rattles only when I'm listening to the AM radio (670 The Score for all you Chicagoans). It stops when I turn the radio off or switch to FM or satellite, but it's very consistent (and annoying) when on AM. I've tried adjusting the equalizer (which I'm still not 100% on what's what), but no difference. Wondering if anyone else has had a speaker problem or knows a fix.
Record the noise. I get something similar, as have others, when listening to XM only. The dealership thinks I'm crazy.

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
My 2013 does it on the passenger side. My 2008 did also.
It is indeed annoying but it seems like one of those things to not even bother the dealer about. Is it the speaker itself? Is it something in the door?
Two days ago I put on an AM station and sat in the passenger seat. No buzz. I drive away and a few minutes later it's back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts