Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So im an audiophile, i love music and modding cars to me is all about the inside than the performance. on that note, I had 2 12 in subs and a 1000 watt amp plus a falling apart head unit (that i will hopefully replace soon) from my previous car that i put all into my new OBW.

My question to you all is who has upgraded the speakers in the doors and even the tweeters? This is my next upgrade and im curious what it is going to entail and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to certain speakers and such, i know its alot about personal preference but i thought id ask!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
Hey all,

So im an audiophile, i love music and modding cars to me is all about the inside than the performance. on that note, I had 2 12 in subs and a 1000 watt amp plus a falling apart head unit (that i will hopefully replace soon) from my previous car that i put all into my new OBW.

My question to you all is who has upgraded the speakers in the doors and even the tweeters? This is my next upgrade and im curious what it is going to entail and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to certain speakers and such, i know its alot about personal preference but i thought id ask!

Thanks!
curious where you will put 2 12" subs and the amp in the OB?

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
curious where you will put 2 12" subs and the amp in the OB?
Already in, it was the first thing i did when i got the car.
I attached the amp to the box since there was a three inch gap or so betweent the box and the back seat due to the nature of the back seat, and just plopped the box in the back. yeah it reduces space but not by all that much surprisingly. and i left it floating with enough extra wiring that if i need to put the seats down for more space i can move the subs freely to wherever i want them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the JVC head unit KW-AV70BT installed with Phoenix Gold component speakers in the front with tweeters replaced, Focal speakers in the back doors, Alpine 6 channel amp, 2 crossovers, 10" Alpine R series sub and enclosure. All four doors were fully wrapped with dynamat. This equipment is out of this world, crazy loud and crystal clear throughout. The install and equipment cost me around 3200.00. It was get this stuff or sell the 2013 OB due to the supposed Harmon Kardon that I paid for. The OE Head unit is a Panasonic unit and the speakers are not very hot. Molded plastic frames are on the speakers permanently. A lot of mods were done to mount the new equipment in the doors and top front dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts