Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is there anyone out there like me who bought and loves the Special Appearance Package Outback? If so what made you choose this particular model. For me it was the keyless ignition, large back up camera and brown/black interior. I also noticed that every SAP in my area was fully loaded (nav and Moonroof) which other than eyesight my OB is loaded.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited CVT w/ SAP, Brilliant Brown Pearl
33 Posts
The saddle brown leather with the limited brilliant brown paint are what really got me though the keyless ignition sealed the deal! I've had mine since July and I love it more every day (no joke). The only real drawback to the SAP was that it automatically came with the Nav. I just wish the other features weren't packaged with the Nav. Don't get me wrong the Nav works okay and gets the job done but it's far from perfect. It's laggy and the volume control is SUPER loud. I have to turn it all the way down for it to be remotely bearable. There's a supposed fix to this in the works but I'm guessing it'll be awhile. Touchscreen resolution and sensitivity is pretty much obsolete compared to standalone Nav modules.

Although overall I really LOVE the SAP, I'm just really worried how all the electronics will age within the next 10 years of me having the car. However, I'd still make the same choice if I were to buy the car again today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jcruz689

I think we are in a very small group here. Congrats on your pick I love this car more and more everyday. I am glad I went with the special edition.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
It's laggy and the volume control is SUPER loud. I have to turn it all the way down for it to be remotely bearable.
There are a couple of volume controls in the NAV unit. When I picked up mine, the NAV and Bluetooth volumes were VERY VERY Loud. After adjustment, both work very well at the reduced volume. Look at the NAV manual to isolate the menus.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R
7 Posts
We ordered a 3.6 with SAP and no other options. About 4 weeks and 1100 miles and love it.
The wife likes the larger screen, 2 position seat memory, and we both like brown trim. The keyless start is still taking some getting used to using.
The price with this one package of options was better than getting a car with different option packages to achieve a similar car. And we got the brown seats with the dark wood trim.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Hi all,

My wife and I have been the proud owners of a 3.6R SAP in Brilliant Brown Pearl with the HK/Nav..since mid November.

I can tell you this is one sharp car.. The interior get heads turning, and the Brown is what sold us.. We were very lucky and got ours in MD and brought it home to PA.. Everything about it is cool.. I have no major complaints about anything it is equipped with.. It's breaking in very nicely and just recently had it's 3K first service and checkup..

There are actually quite a few SAP owners here on SO.Org so check around....

If anyone here uses Flickr, I've started a Flickr group dedicated to SAP's in just the last few weeks..I've loaded a bunch of pictures. Please feel free to connect mention to other SAP owners and load pictures of your SAP looking sharp....

The link is here:

Flickr: Subaru Outback SAP's

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
I love that brown interior, my Veracruz has similar leather. If I were to buy another OB, it would be one of these.

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
The combination of the SAP as well as the buttoning up of the suspension sealed the deal for me and made me pull the trigger. After having it for about 2.5 months the dark wood and interior makes me very very happy. I knew I liked it but did not know how much I'd fall in love with it. Having memory seats and push button start were a must have on a vehicle that I was going to make payments on if any. Thank you Subaru...loving my Outback more than I expected really.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium 6 speed, AWP, Deep indigo and 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate (old school wagon) 2015 Outback 3.6R, Venetian Red, moonroof, keyless and navi, 2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer
74 Posts
My parents bought one for my mom(3.6r) and I love it, especially the brown paint and interior! I wish it were in my price range but the $26k I paid for my premium was more in my budget than the $36k they paid!

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Two things I'm really liking about our SAP, is the optional seat back protectors.. Ours came with them already installed from the factory. Another nice thing, ours came equipped with the factory optional remote start that is tied together with the keyless entry system.. Very handy for the cold northeast US..

Many that I've seen so far have the extra body panel protectors, and wheel well arch moldings... We didn't spring for those.. I like the clean unbroken wide open body panels.. That brown is too nice to cover up..

Steve..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts