Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was appalled to see what Sport compact car (mag)did to that WRX paint! They stripped and rattle canned it flat black!They forgot to do the wheels too!LOL (just after the owner painstakingly waxed it using a toothbrush!)How low can you go ! Why would you waste a beautiful paint job! They said they wanted a MADMAX look ...well first of all the madmax car was cobbed together with bits and pieces (junkyard wars)but it was kewl.

Gee I can't wait to see all the idoits who read the mag rattle can their cars thinkin it's kewl. LOL :eek:

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
...got to admit, though, there is some nice eye candy in that Mad Max hardware, especially in the earliest flicks...

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ride on!

Nice pic of the madmax car! I'm gonna hafta go watch the first madmax on dvd that I own again,again,again.......lol Famous quote from the "night rider"" Ewe....I hate guns!!"

·
Registered
1958 jaguar xk 150 , 97 outback
4 Posts
we remow the nightrider and we know who you are bronz

accually the mad max michine is not a junkyard war / made for a movie car , that beast did exist in the early 70's , it was made by AMC in here in the US it had a 390 CI V8 and was very fast
the mad max version was an export from the US with the stering wheel on the right side , yeah AMC / AMX javelin photo at the below link
http://www.javelinamx.com/JavHome/foreign/mjav73c.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
goes to water on a dummy

yep AMC the car company that made gremlins and pacers javascript:smilie(':D')
javascript:smilie(':D')

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Yer talking to a guy whose first car was a 73 Hornet hatch with a 360cid 2bbl, I could put furniture in the back and play with camaros.

AMC was a respectable contender in some of the US racing series in the 1970s. An AMX was a shortened Javelin with a little more juice.

The Mad Max car you're talking about was originally an Australian version of a Ford Falcon

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
yep AMC the car company that made gremlins and pacers
yeah, and that stupid AWD station wagon, the Eagle....now WHO on earth would want an AWD wagon anyway?? those AMC engineers sure did think of some stupid ideas....

not only did they build the protoOutback, but the AMX held its own against the other pony cars of the era, was trans Am champ for sevl years i think. the name Donohue rung any bells? Chrysler thot their engineering was OK, as the 4.0 six in a jillion Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees from 90s is the old AMC 232/258 motor.

not trying to defend AMC, especially, but let's not get too smug. would you rather make a coast to coast trip in a Pacer or a Subaru FF-1?? let's just say neither one was being sought after by Harrah's collection....

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Re: we remow the nightrider and we know who you are bronz

banks said:
accually the mad max michine is not a junkyard war / made for a movie car , that beast did exist in the early 70's , it was made by AMC in here in the US it had a 390 CI V8 and was very fast
the mad max version was an export from the US with the stering wheel on the right side , yeah AMC / AMX javelin photo at the below link
http://www.javelinamx.com/JavHome/foreign/mjav73c.jpg
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is totally wrong. The MaxMax Interceptor was based on a 1973 Ford Falcon GT Coupe. A car exclusive to Australia. I admit there's a slight resemblence to the car you link to, but only slight. The Falcon Coupe is longer wider and sleeker. Read more here click History Part1 under "The Interceptor"

They are Aussie movies afterall ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
transmission

sure a used one would be fine if it's not a junker transmission , new would be too much $$ I think

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jarhead jargon!

can you believe "sport compact car mag" published this troopers response about radar proof paint serving in Iraq! Yea I was shocked to see the guy was expaining the details of anti radar paint! give me a brake ! Hey If ya break the law you get cuaght bottom line! This isnt Iraq.....(no disrespect to troops there) MADMax wouldn't approve unless it's really blown!!! (like the time we went cruisin' back the 80's and the guy said he had nitrious and we looked and it wasn't plumbed!!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts