Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV and have spun a rod bearing. It never ran even a half quart low on the dip stick and I have owned since new. It has 134k miles so it’s well out if warranty and now I have a very tough choice to make. I have decided to go with a used motor and this brings me to my question. I have available to me a 2017 motor w/ transmission and it’s ready to go. Will the 2017 work in my 2015 without problems? It’s also a PZEV btw. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You didn't give any prices for rebuild vs swap. One thing to keep in mind, you know the condition of your transmission. What do you know about the donor (if it will swap correctly)?

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly I just need to know if the donor motor will work with in the 2015. If the transmission works as well and there are no computer or emissions issues from one year to another etc then great. I will be able to see the donor car, check mileage myself and I may steel a few other items as well. It’s a private party and not a wrecking yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts