Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited 3.6R, Satin Pearl White, 19mm STI rear sway bar, steering shake fix
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Outback developed a squeak or scraping noise during a hard left turn, i.e. when the wheel was all the way to the left or nearly so. Not the kind of noise that comes from power steering, more of a metallic noise.

The dealer diagnosed a strut/spring problem. They replaced both struts and springs, both "arm assemblies", bushings, and a gasket. They performed bulletin 05-49-10R, which has been posted on this forum before:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...-49-10r-tsb-front-squick-062196-05-49-10r.pdf

I tested it after driving it home today, and the noise is definitely gone. I'll be interested to see if the OB handles or sounds any different with the new struts. I had felt that the car felt a little loose or rattly in the last few months, but not enough to really complain about.

No charge for the repair, and no argument or hassle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.