Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your OBs make a little squeek when you turn the ignition to ACC and the dashboard needles do a full sweep? Mine sometimes emits a slight squeek that sounds like rubber on plastic or something hard... Not a big problem, just wondering if anybody else has heard this?

Jay

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
No squeak from mine, but I don't think the dials do the sweep thing til the ON position either...

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,408 Posts
No squeak from mine, either; I'm going to check the sweep timing. I thought mine did not sweep until ON. Maybe your squeak is due to an early sweep. (Sounds like a strange thing to tell a service manager).

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is ON...

I'm wrong, the sweep starts when the key is ON, I was wrong in my initial post.

What's the idea behind that anyway? This i my first Subaru and none of my other cars I have owned have ever done this. It really fasinates passengers though!!!

Do all Subarus do this?

Jay

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
Re: It is ON...

Jay H said:
I'm wrong, the sweep starts when the key is ON
Do all Subarus do this?
Not my 2004 Impreza Outback Sport. Gauges just sit there. :) Of course, everything else lights up.

That sweep thing must be something about resetting to zero on the dials or something, eh? Interesting feature, or whatever, if so. Perhaps digitally controlled gauges? Not sure why they'd move otherwise, unless they get a pulse of power momentarily due to bad design. Heh-heh.
I don't recall seeing any completely digital gauge clusters when I was looking at the Outbacks and Imprezas. If there were, that squeek would be pure electronic noise anyhow. ;) (thinking outloud)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts