Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2.5i, moonroof and all weather package
26 Posts
Fair enough. Curt requires the usage of stabilizing straps where the HH doesn't mention them. I would rather not use them if I don't have to.

·
Registered
22,803 Posts
I see on etrailer.com that the Hidden Hitch has a tongue weight of 600lbs while the Curt only specifies a 350lb tongue weight.

I thought I read somewhere that Subaru only recommended a 350lb tongue weight, is that correct. Is the HH actually stronger?
Your car's safe working limit is 200lbs. Any proper hitch sold for the car will have far far more capability than the car regarding ratings. The lowest rating is your limit in this case the cars 200lb rating is your limit. Exceed that and you risk bending your car though I'm sure the hitch will still be OK but attached to a bent car.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2.5i, moonroof and all weather package
26 Posts
Thanks all, installed the Hidden Hitch yesterday and couldn't be happier. You can barely see it, it's tucked very far back.

For the money, it was a no brainer. I got it for $177 from Amazon with free shipping.

I enlarged the view ports under the trunk floor, super simple with an $8 metal 1 1/8" hole saw.The HH hardware carriage bolts are much bigger than the stock holes so they were enlarged as well.

I also put the heat shield under the hitch so that's never moving, ever.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Auto Trans
9 Posts
Just installed Torklift 2" on 2011 3.6R

Took me about 4 hours but no issues. Decided to remove both mufflers and made the access better. Did it by myself and followed included instructions plus referenced the links in outback.org. Looks fantastic!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts