Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my 2013 2.5 limited Outback for about 2 months and just under 2,500 miles. Last night as I was climbing out of the car I noticed something - the light-colored leather seat on the driver's side is stained blue. I can only imagine that it came off of my jeans, but I have a white couch at home that isn't stained, and I've never stained anything else just by sitting on it. Should I bring it to the dealership and complain?

It doesn't seem right to me that the seats are so willing to pick up discoloration - god forbid anyone ever spills anything on it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oy, that thread is depressing. I had an Acura RL for ten years with tan leather seats - same jeans, same butt, no stains. I'm going to see if I can't at least get the dealership to throw me some free cleaner.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
You can get a cheap leather cleaner at any furniture store, like Rooms-to-go... some of them even give them out for free. That stuff works great on car seats as well....

·
Registered
2002 L.L. Bean Outback H6 3.0
76 Posts
I had a child scribble all over my leather seat with a blue ball point pen. WD-40 and a paper towel got it off with minimal rubbing. If you try it, I'd try a dab at first to make sure the WD-40 does not discolor the leather. It was fine with me, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Black leather FTW!

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT touring
336 Posts
Have you tried saddlesoap or lexol yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I really need your help. I spill antiseptic hands sanitiser on my black leather front seat. As consequence, few white spots appear and being resistant to my attempts of removal using soap. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The sanitizer is probably alcohol based, right? I would think that the damage is permanent.

A few other things come to mind....
  • seat cover
  • replace the seat, if you can find one in a junkyard.
  • live with it
  • re-paint it, black sharpie? (try this in a nondescript area)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts