Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my 2013 2.5 limited Outback for about 2 months and just under 2,500 miles. Last night as I was climbing out of the car I noticed something - the light-colored leather seat on the driver's side is stained blue. I can only imagine that it came off of my jeans, but I have a white couch at home that isn't stained, and I've never stained anything else just by sitting on it. Should I bring it to the dealership and complain?

It doesn't seem right to me that the seats are so willing to pick up discoloration - god forbid anyone ever spills anything on it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oy, that thread is depressing. I had an Acura RL for ten years with tan leather seats - same jeans, same butt, no stains. I'm going to see if I can't at least get the dealership to throw me some free cleaner.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
You can get a cheap leather cleaner at any furniture store, like Rooms-to-go... some of them even give them out for free. That stuff works great on car seats as well....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a child scribble all over my leather seat with a blue ball point pen. WD-40 and a paper towel got it off with minimal rubbing. If you try it, I'd try a dab at first to make sure the WD-40 does not discolor the leather. It was fine with me, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Black leather FTW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
MNOutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing