Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the stock rubber sections of the brake lines to braided stainless hoses, in an effort to get a "firmer" pedal?

If so, where did you get the sections, and were there any "gotcha's" associated with the change?

I'm fast coming on my 30K service interval, and this would be a good time to change, if I'm going to do it this year.

Also, is there any way to have the ECM not "learn" a driving style, and stick with the factory default settings. I've heard that if you disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, it'll reset the computer, but is there an easier way? Something that can be set in the computer to default to "not learning"? I'd much rather have the sporty performance than the learned behaviour that comes from driving in heavy traffic daily.

Thanks!

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I have SS lines coming to me as you read this, so I can post on the install later. As for resetting the stock ECU, take off the Neg cable on the battery, press the brake pedal a couple times to discharge any stored energy and wait a couple minutes. Then hook it back up. Now it can learn what you give it. So, if you want the engine to learn that you drive like a bat outta ****, then do so. Or like other people say, "drive it like you stole it"

Some other say to let it idle for around ten minutes before you drive it, after you hook the cable up. That is a general way to let the computer learn quicker on your driving habits. Brian

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
I have a how to on Scoobymods if you poke round. It's for the Impreza but it will be the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts