Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time listener, first time caller, lol.

Anyway I put my name down on an in transit 2020 outback onyx edition. I reserved it two weeks or so ago and it’s supposed to be here the middle of September. I currently drive a 2017 premium, so I have a mysubaru account already. A couple days ago I get email saying a car has been added to my account and that my starlink has been activated. So I called the Dealership to see if it came early and that was a no. Then the next day I get more emails saying that there are dashboard lights on my car, the rear automatic braking and the eyesight lights and an email from the dealership saying that they have been contacted about my car. So I call the dealership again and she says no that was a mistake and sorry about that. Anyway I get the same emails again today, dashboard lights on and dealership service department has been contacted.

Should starlink been activated this early, when I have not taken delivery of the car?
Also should I be concerned about the dashboard light or are they just testing the car at the factory?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,215 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned unless you get a notification that the airbags went off and then you get a call from the dealer saying delivery is going to be delayed for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be too concerned unless you get a notification that the airbags went off and then you get a call from the dealer saying delivery is going to be delayed for a couple of weeks.
Lol very true, I will definitely keep that in mind. It just seems like they should have waited on the activation.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,215 Posts
Lol very true, I will definitely keep that in mind. It just seems like they should have waited on the activation.
It does seem strange that they would have activated it already. Unless the accounts got crossed up with someone else's.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have a vin when I reserved the car, I’ll have to double check and make sure the vins match but I’m sure it’s probably fine and I just need to sit my butt back down and be patient. It just got my hopes up that the car was coming early.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just got the car today and the dealership was not sure why it was activated early. But I love my new car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts