Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited, Special Appearance Package, Brilliant Brown Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather, HK Audio, Moonroof, Navigation
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taking advantage of the $100 upgrade to the Starlink/Aha program for 2013 Outbacks and Legacys?

subaru.com/aha-radio

I called my dealership and they have no clue what its about, even though I received a post card from Subaru about the upgrade. Requires replacement of current Navigation system and only available for 2013 Outbacks and Legacys.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Quite a few people do... take the letter from SOA and have your dealer call them and get updated...many people just did that!

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
Overy the phone you will probably get no where, drive up to the dealership with the Subaru notice.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited, Special Appearance Package, Brilliant Brown Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather, HK Audio, Moonroof, Navigation
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the upgrade yesterday from the dealership. I gave them the information, they did the research, called me back 30 minutes later I ordered it. There is no need to drive to a dealership with to explain this to them---they will understand when they do a couple minutes of homework.

However, the upgrade will not fix the 3-5 years behind they are in software for Navigation and they suggested I contact Kenwood to purchase new software. Think it was $149. Its funny how a free iPhone app called WAZE that is 10x better than than the Navigation software in a brand new car. Shame on Subaru for ripping people off on Navigation purchases and Subaru stated they are well aware they 3-5 years behind on software.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 i Limited with eyesight
13 Posts
I am! I purchased my 2013 Outback in September last year. When I called my dealership I talked to the service manager and she was familiar with it. (Got the postcard in the mail just like you). When she connected me to the parts department initially he was unfamiliar but vowed to research this and he did. There is some information they will need for the customer and the unit ships from Los Angeles. The dealrships dont obviously stock these don't stock these upgrade units. I should be getting a call early next week to set up a time to swap the unit out.

I would contact you dealer and INSIST they find out about this. They have ways. It sounds like they were being lazy. As suggested a trip to the dealship with the notice may be what it takes.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 i Limited with eyesight
13 Posts
Does anyone have the spces on the Nav /AHA Outback upgrade? Who makes it and what model? I see it may be Kenwood but it would be great to confirm. Id like to confirm the specs since I will upgrade the software if it is old as well.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
The '13 MY units are made by Fujitsu Ten, not Kenwood. As far as I know they have not offered an update to the Nav software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts