Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6r
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an email that mine will automatically renew next month unless I actually call and cancel :/ it runs $149/year - are there any ways to get discount/promo codes?

·
Registered
2018 Outback
52 Posts
I think there is a discount for a 1 year plan and a 3 year plan

·
Registered
205 Posts
Try calling to cancel and see what they offer. "Gee, I like it, but it isn't worth $150 to me"

They try to convince you to get discount for three years say "mmm, don't know, might be selling it next year"

They offer you $75 then try "Oh I don't know, what if I agreed to 3 years, could I get cost below $70?"

Let us know how you do!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5i 2016 VW Passat SE
221 Posts
I let my subscription cancel. Too much money for me. I'd keep,if $25 per year. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Completely agree. Volkwagen wants nearly $200 per year for their version, and $150 for Subaru. Seems outrageous to me.

I can't even say if it was $50 a year that sign up. $25, now you're talking...I'd consider signing up both cars if it was $25 per.

·
Premium Member
2016 Tungsten Outback 2.5l Premium w/ES, OP 14, PP #4
501 Posts
The year I had it I would try the unlock and car locator functions periodically to make sure the system was working. On several occasions I'd got some type of error suggesting the system was down. I concluded using the unlock function as a "spare key" wasn't reliable for my needs. Also the system relies on ATT to communicate with the vehicle. No ATT service at my cabin where we spend much of the summer.
When I called to cancel there was some kind of token discount on the $99 plan but nothing on the $150. Haven't gotten any discount offers since cancellation in Oct 2016

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium ; 2019 Outback Premium
122 Posts
just got an email that mine will automatically renew next month unless I actually call and cancel :/ it runs $149/year - are there any ways to get discount/promo codes?
You can renew your subscription through your My Subaru account. Use STARLINK9 for the promo code and you will get 50% off your subscription. Don't know how much longer they will be offering this.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight - Lapis Blue Pearl
69 Posts
You can renew your subscription through your My Subaru account. Use STARLINK9 for the promo code and you will get 50% off your subscription. Don't know how much longer they will be offering this.
That promo code appears to be expired, or perhaps it was a directed offer to targeted accounts. Either way, it comes up as invalid when I try to enter it.

Thank you, anyway

·
Registered
2017 OB Touring 3.6R (BBP), 2012 Honda Odyssey, 2008 Acura RDX
8 Posts
I just used this code and rec'd 50% off the stated price for a 1-yr renewal.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Touring (White)
15 Posts
That promo code appears to be expired, or perhaps it was a directed offer to targeted accounts. Either way, it comes up as invalid when I try to enter it.

Thank you, anyway
I had an issue trying to renew with MySubaru, as it didn't except the STARLINK9 Promo Code. I then decided to call the 855-753-2495 number Saturday night and takes to a human. The rep had no issue accepting the STARLINK9 Promo Code and extended our STARLINK Safety Plus and Security Plus for another year at $74.50. Thank you Outback.org, and a special thanks to @badcafe

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium ; 2019 Outback Premium
122 Posts
I had an issue trying to renew with MySubaru, as it didn't except the STARLINK9 Promo Code. I then decided to call the 855-753-2495 number Saturday night and takes to a human. The rep had no issue accepting the STARLINK9 Promo Code and extended our STARLINK Safety Plus and Security Plus for another year at $74.50. Thank you Outback.org, and a special thanks to @badcafe
Glad you were able to still get the discount :smile2:

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6r
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
darn, been busy and just seeing the responses here. Just tried the code and it only gives $49 off the $149....so down to $100....not a 'good enough deal' to me. Guess I'll try calling, have til end of month.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6r
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ads....???

why am I all the sudden tonight seeing 'Ad videos' and posts on here???? frustrating - just started tonight!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 2.5i
59 Posts
Been wanting to get the S+ & S+ package and the code gave me 50% off $149. Remote lock, vehicle location and alarm notification are the only things I think are useful in this package, to me. But, have to see if this is worth $74.50.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6r
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Discount update

well I tried calling today since the discount didn't work for me online - the guy was unable to apply it without cancelling my current 'promotion' - (that ends 10/30/17). He said best thing to do was call back on that day and then they'd apply it...we'll see..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone else had any luck? I tried to use the code today and could not get it to work online

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5L, Auto; 2018 Forester, 2.5L, Auto (for Mama); 2005 Baja, 2.5 Turbo, Manual
685 Posts
why am I all the sudden tonight seeing 'Ad videos' and posts on here???? frustrating - just started tonight!
Did you log in as a member, or come in as a guest this time?

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,698 Posts
I just renewed my Starlink subscription a couple of minutes ago. It was set to auto renew next for month however I did the renewal myself using STARLINK9 and it gave me 50% off.

So if you're wondering if the promo code works, it did just mere minutes ago.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts