Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I haven't seen a thread about bugs we discover with the Infotainment center yet so I'll start.

When I make changes to the EQ on my Limited w/ Sat Nav they don't always save. I can set it to +3, +1, +3 then exit out and it'll stay until the next time I start the car today or a few days from now. It's not consistent.

Another Outback owner on a FB group has the same issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Related to infotainment.... but long press on the voice control button does not activate Siri when an iPhone is connect via Bluetooth (and not CarPlay.) instead you see a message on the infotainment screen telling you to do a quick press to use the outbacks voice recognization System.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's does the same thing on my Galaxy 9+ when I'm connected via BT. It would be cool to have Google Now or Siri running in the background to answer general questions etc.
Related to infotainment.... but long press on the voice control button does not activate Siri when an iPhone is connect via Bluetooth (and not CarPlay.) instead you see a message on the infotainment screen telling you to do a quick press to use the outbacks voice recognization System.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's does the same thing on my Galaxy 9+ when I'm connected via BT. It would be cool to have Google Now or Siri running in the background to answer general questions etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
As noted in anther thread, it is suppose to work according to the Starlink manual where it talks about the voice control button.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just submitted a support case to Subaru on their website. I’ll post a reply if I hear anything back. I mentioned that it seems to be an issue for both android and iPhones.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We 'lost' the car icon at the bottom of the screen the other day. Greyed out so that you couldn't select it. Not sure how that happened. Turned the car off and back on and it was available again.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I just submitted a support case to Subaru on their website. I’ll post a reply if I hear anything back. I mentioned that it seems to be an issue for both android and iPhones.
Great, because I emailed them last week about this issue in my '19 Head Unit without NAV. The HU is supposed to be able to handle a short-press vs. long-press, and currently, everything is routed to Android Auto when that is running. When it is not running, then the H+AC system can be commanded via voice control.

I'm supposed to hear back from Subaru sometime Tuesday. Please post when you hear something about the '20 on your inquiry, and I will do the same w.r.t. the '19. This should not be that difficult to get right, and other manufacturers certainly do get it right, so I am hopeful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had issues with:

1. The volume for Radio vs Sirius XM not being the same. Is there anywhere to adjust this? In my old outback Sirius XM was louder and in my new one the radio is louder.
2. Volume for my phone over Bluetooth is very low. I had to turn the volume in the car all the way up. Anyway to increase?
3. When you first start your car, I think the system needs some time to warm up. Pushing buttons will create significant lag.
4. As mentioned, long holding voice command does not bring up Siri or Android functions on a phone via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure what command you are trying to do but if you just say "Hey Siri" without pushing anything then your iPhone should respond. If you are wanting it to do anything related to CarPlay then it probably won't work since Subaru does not offer a wireless CarPlay option, that feature is mainly on BMW and Lexus right now. If you are just wanting to make a phone call or something like that then it should work and still play the call through your car speakers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure what command you are trying to do but if you just say "Hey Siri" without pushing anything then your iPhone should respond. If you are wanting it to do anything related to CarPlay then it probably won't work since Subaru does not offer a wireless CarPlay option, that feature is mainly on BMW and Lexus right now. If you are just wanting to make a phone call or something like that then it should work and still play the call through your car speakers.
Nope, the a long press on the button is suppose to engage Siri when connected with Bluetooth, page 55 of the quick start guide even says so (same for Android.) In this case Car Play/Android Auto is NOT involved. This is only when connected to Bluetooth. And I’m not asking for wireless CarPlay, I understand that is not supported. I want to use siri this way to manage music, listen to messages, place calls, open/close my garage door and do other homekit automations..... without plugging in my phone with car play.

“hey siri uses the mic on the phone and if the phone is in your pocket/purse or hey Siri is off then your “work around does not work.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've had issues with:

1. The volume for Radio vs Sirius XM not being the same. Is there anywhere to adjust this? In my old outback Sirius XM was louder and in my new one the radio is louder.
2. Volume for my phone over Bluetooth is very low. I had to turn the volume in the car all the way up. Anyway to increase?
3. When you first start your car, I think the system needs some time to warm up. Pushing buttons will create significant lag.
4. As mentioned, long holding voice command does not bring up Siri or Android functions on a phone via Bluetooth.
As for #2, did you increase the in call volume on your phone as well? Most likely that volume is low (which is different from the media Bluetooth volume. You will have to increase volume during a call to access it on Android).

·
Registered
24 Posts
As for #2, did you increase the in call volume on your phone as well? Most likely that volume is low (which is different from the media Bluetooth volume. You will have to increase volume during a call to access it on Android).
I made sure the volume on my phone (iPhone) was completely turned up. It didn't help the quiet sound.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going to try and delete my phone from the Bluetooth settings and set it up again. I'll let you know how it goes.
I take back my comment above. I got my first “real” call today and the volume was low (vol on phone was high) and the car BT vol was near the max and it was just barely acceptable. Note that music vol is perfectly fine.

I noticed on the setting scree there is a call volume slider that goes from +6 to -6 but the the description of what this actually apples to is vague at best. I boosted it to the max, I’ll wait until my next call to see if it helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nope, the a long press on the button is suppose to engage Siri when connected with Bluetooth, page 55 of the quick start guide even says so (same for Android.) In this case Car Play/Android Auto is NOT involved. This is only when connected to Bluetooth. And I’m not asking for wireless CarPlay, I understand that is not supported. I want to use siri this way to manage music, listen to messages, place calls, open/close my garage door and do other homekit automations..... without plugging in my phone with car play.

“hey siri uses the mic on the phone and if the phone is in your pocket/purse or hey Siri is off then your “work around does not work.
It’s definitely not a great solution. I was just thinking of a workaround for you until they fix the bug.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts