Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, Cinnamon Brown Pearl
417 Posts
Has anyone found a way to say the NAV Screen orientation? I like the 3D View and the top facing direction of travel. My screen always comes up in top facing north.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Other than that, it's been pretty solid for me. I have a growing list of wants, but none that I'd consider bugs. Such as...
  • Full screen Android Auto, but as Seinberg already pointed out, that's on Google
  • More preferences being saved to the profile (Auto Start Stop, driver monitoring, etc
What's your wish list? It would hurt to ask.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Has anyone found a way to say the NAV Screen orientation? I like the 3D View and the top facing direction of travel. My screen always comes up in top facing north.
This is a peev of mine, how hard is it to remember a setting. Another is that the lack of street names when just having the map up but not giving directions. It’s more than annoying and imho inexcusable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tap the compass above the zoom buttons. It cycles through a number of orientations.
its weird - i test drove a 2.5 limited and xt touring yesterday. in the 2.5 we hit the compass and the orientation changed like you describe. on the touring we just couldnt get it to change - hit the buttons several times. there could be bug out there.

·
Registered
2020 OB 2.4 XT Limited | 2017 OB 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
44 Posts
The orientation changes on my Limited, but it doesn't save, Also it is so useless that I cannot see the cross street names...

I went to the dealership today to speak with the "delivery expert" and get the $25 gas card. He was aware of a couple of the issues listed here, and claimed Subaru is working on an update. Ehh...

He was not aware of some others, and I was able to demonstrate them. Supposedly he has a way to send the feedback. It might be true, so please try to do the same with your dealership - it only takes a few minutes and you get $25 :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird problem in my Touring XT. When I press the source button on my steering wheel it will cycle FM > AM> Sat > CD but won’t cycle back to FM. Once I get to CD I have to touch the screen to go back.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
394 Posts
is there a disk in the drive? I had the same thing happen to my 17 fxt early on and found that my son put a data disk in the drive and it got stuck trying to read the disk and thus the button on the wheel wouldn't work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Has anyone noticed that when using an iPod Touch (5th gen) plugged into the USB, multi-disc CDs do not play in the proper order? I am not referring to shuffle.

The order I am seeing is:

DIsk 1, Track 1
Disk 2, Track 1
Disk 1, Track 2
Disk 2, Track 2

If I play the same CD through Android Car / Google Play it comes in the proper order.

This is the same iPod that I used with my 2016 and it worked fine.

Also, when listing the albums using the iPod, there does not appear to be a way to display more of a name or the album art. So selecting the proper album becomes dicey.

Just wondering if this is a unique issue or anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Has anyone noticed that when using an iPod Touch (5th gen) plugged into the USB, multi-disc CDs do not play in the proper order? I am not referring to shuffle.

The order I am seeing is:

DIsk 1, Track 1
Disk 2, Track 1
Disk 1, Track 2
Disk 2, Track 2

If I play the same CD through Android Car / Google Play it comes in the proper order.

This is the same iPod that I used with my 2016 and it worked fine.

Also, when listing the albums using the iPod, there does not appear to be a way to display more of a name or the album art. So selecting the proper album becomes dicey.

Just wondering if this is a unique issue or anyone else is experiencing this.
The whole thing is wonky. Right now if you select Artist it jumps to all the songs in alphabetical order. I wish you can select Artist>Album>Song.

R.E.M.
[Document]
. >Finest Work Song

Musicals like Jesus Christ Superstar are really annoying where track order is important.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Musicals like Jesus Christ Superstar are really annoying where track order is important.
Thanks @Yetilicious. You are right -- I found it listening to "Les Miz". On top of that, I have 3 different recordings of it and can't tell which is which from the menus.

I looked for earlier complaints on this and may have missed them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is there a disk in the drive? I had the same thing happen to my 17 fxt early on and found that my son put a data disk in the drive and it got stuck trying to read the disk and thus the button on the wheel wouldn't work.
No disc but I realized it only happens when my iPhone is plugged in. Then the source button won’t toggle out or CD in either the regular radio or CarPlay views.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
149 Posts
Ran in to a new issue with the HMI today. The audio stopped working. It required shutting off the vehicle for 1-2 minutes and then restarting to fix. I sent the following to SOA:

1) Remote started the vehicle via Starlink remote start. There were no errors. It started normally. Got in and pressed the "start" button to "unlock" the car after remote start.
2) Before moving, I wanted to update the seat and mirror positions for my driver profile. I did these steps:
a) Brought up the car settings, driver monitoring, then update seat/mirror position screen.
b) Adjusted the seat and mirrors.
c) Placed the car in reverse to set the tilt-down reverse mirror setting. At this time an audio alert sounded because I was close to an object.
d) Placed the car in drive to move forward a little to avoid the beeping. Put it in to park.
e) Finished adjusting mirrors and hit "set" on the update screen.
3) Started driving normally. The screen looked normal, everything appeared working fine.
4) Tried to turn up the radio (I had had it turned down all the way before).
5) Heard no audio. Recorded this video (watch for additional details):
6) Drove a few miles to work. I kept playing with the audio controls at every light to see if I could get audio back. Tried Bluetooth audio, tried changing sources (AM, XM, etc), tried muting/unmuting several times, turned volume up with steering wheel, changed radio stations. Nothing I tried would bring audio back.
7) After parking at work, shut down the car and waited 1-2 minutes to ensure everything was fully off.
8) Restarted the car. Audio was now working. Recorded this video:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Ran in to a new issue with the HMI today. The audio stopped working. It required shutting off the vehicle for 1-2 minutes and then restarting to fix. I sent the following to SOA:

1) Remote started the vehicle via Starlink remote start. There were no errors. It started normally. Got in and pressed the "start" button to "unlock" the car after remote start.
2) Before moving, I wanted to update the seat and mirror positions for my driver profile. I did these steps:
a) Brought up the car settings, driver monitoring, then update seat/mirror position screen.
c) Placed the car in reverse to set the tilt-down reverse mirror setting. At this time an audio alert sounded because I was close to an object.
d) Placed the car in drive to move forward a little to avoid the beeping. Put it in to park.
3) Started driving normally. The screen looked normal, everything appeared working fine.
6) Drove a few miles to work. I kept playing with the audio controls at every light to see if I could get audio back. Tried Bluetooth audio, tried changing sources (AM, XM, etc), tried muting/unmuting several times, turned volume up with steering wheel, changed radio stations. Nothing I tried would bring audio back.
7) After parking at work, shut down the car and waited 1-2 minutes to ensure everything was fully off.
reminds me of the problem with the HK amps in the Gen5 cars.... same symptoms. Radio appears to function, but zero sound.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
71 Posts
Is there a way to display the volume change on the main screen when changed from the steering wheel?

The change shows on the dash, but not on the main screen, and my wife thought she was losing her hearing or her mind when she kept having to turn up the radio after I would turn it down at a stoplight. She hadn't noticed that I was altering the volume from the steering wheel.

Not a big deal, but it would be nice . . .

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
149 Posts
Is there a way to display the volume change on the main screen when changed from the steering wheel?
Not that I know of. I can't think of any technical reason why it couldn't display on both screens. Perhaps Subaru should do more testing with passengers in the vehicle.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i didnt know they had npr in utah! exact same thing happened in my 18. they replaced the amp a few times but i believe it was the HU programming. since they did the recall programming its only happend 5-6 times, when it used to happen regularly. but now it resets when i hang up a phone call.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,436 Posts
One bug I encountered today. I was listening to radio and the lane keep assist beep went off. Normally, the infotainment volume is subdues so that the beeps can be heard and then returned to the normal volume level afterwards.

In this pirticular case, the audio volume did not go back to normal and remained low until the car was turned off and back on again.

The following did not bring the volume back up:

1. Changing sources (BT, Radio, Satellite Radio or USB)
2. Turning off the infotainment by long pressing the volume dial and turning it back on
3. Changing volume (the audio remained audible and at the same level when the volume was changed between 0 and 20).

This only happened this once in the ~1200 miles I drove in the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I had the same exact problem after remote start last week.

81 - 100 of 153 Posts