Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completely dislike this feature. What do I do if I do not own a phone?
I've spent money for remote start and I would be unable to use it. What's wrong with the key fob remote start?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,928 Posts
I've spent money for remote start and I would be unable to use it. What's wrong with the key fob remote start?
Hoe common is it to see people without a smart phone in this day and age? Simply put, the feature is fine for most people.

If you still want, there is an option to adda key fob based remote start.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited with EyeSight (Spouse's Vehicle) 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited (daughter's ride)
487 Posts
Fob based is an available option for about what you’ll pay for a seven year StarLink subscription that includes the feature. You are not being forced to use the smartphone based system. BTW, being you are in Canada, StarLink is kinda a non-starter, pardon the pun, anyway. ATT Wireless doesn't operate there and StarLink uses that network.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
405 Posts
With that logic, you also spent money for bluetooth streaming and hands-free calling yet you can't use those features either without a smartphone. Key fob is great if you're going to be within 50 feet of the car to do the remote start. Being able to start the car in the winter from my office is awesome :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts