Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had signed up for the free 3-month trial of the Security and Safety Plus services. There was/is a promo to extend it to two (2) years for $149, which I thought was not unreasonable. It's insurance, and reduced mine enough to cover it due to the Stolen Vehicle Recovery feature.

I also found a code STARTLINK9, that took 50% off the $149 price, so I ended up getting a full two (2) years for $74.50, plus tax.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had signed up for the free 3-month trial of the Security and Safety Plus services. There was/is a promo to extend it to two (2) years for $149, which I thought was not unreasonable. It's insurance, and reduced mine enough to cover it due to the Stolen Vehicle Recovery feature.

I also found a code STARTLINK9, that took 50% off the $149 price, so I ended up getting a full two (2) years for $74.50, plus tax.
I just got it for full price 3 days ago , 49 for first year and 149 2nd year . . I tried extending it out because it will let you add more years to your subscription but the code said invalid .

the funny thing is I took the 99 dollar more basic package first , then upgraded . the basic was first year free then 99 the 2nd year .

I see they credited me back the 99 dollars but so far never rebilled the 49 additional for the first year .

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to use the promo code to extend 3 years, but was only valid for 1 or 2, so I did the 2. I figured there will be another code at some point when it's due to expire in 23 months :)

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts

I think you meant STARLINK9?

·
Registered
11 Posts

How did you get a 3 month trial of security? I have the 12 months of Safety plus that came with my '18 outback, but would love to try the security package to see if it is worth it to us. I know my insurance gives $0 discount for it, so mainly convenience.

·
Registered
'18 Outback 3.6R Limited. '11 Forester 2.5X Prem.
45 Posts
Thanks for the code. That worked and I took advantage of it. I wasn't going to subscribe to any of the Starlink services but this was a decent deal and the insurance discount only sweetens it.

Where did you find the discount code in the first place? I'm surprised they have one vs. making you call in and negotiating a discount or cancelling like with SiriusXM.

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
I got a free three year trial of Starlink S&S package and I love it. I was able to use the code and add 3 additional years individually at the $75 price each. That's a pretty decent deal to have the service through 2022.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,356 Posts
I got a free three year trial of Starlink S&S package and I love it. I was able to use the code and add 3 additional years individually at the $75 price each. That's a pretty decent deal to have the service through 2022.
I just added a year with the promo code. So I could use it again and add another year? I was wondering if that would work or not.

What if something unforeseen came up and I decided not to keep the car that long or it got totaled or something? Would the unused years be refundable or at least transferable to someone else with the car?

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
I just added a year with the promo code. So I could use it again and add another year? I was wondering if that would work or not.

What if something unforeseen came up and I decided not to keep the car that long or it got totaled or something? Would the unused years be refundable or at least transferable to someone else with the car?
I guess you could track your car to the scrapyard or at least until they disconnected the battery. I think that's why I stopped at three additional years. Just to overcome the OCD..."did I lock my doors?" alone is worth $6 a month easily. But GPS and the emergency assistance is a huge bonus.

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't verified, but I'd think, like Sirius XM, it's transferable since the app provide the ability to edit the vehicles VIN #.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Legacy "Sport"
4 Posts
10/6/2020: STARLINK9 Worked for me on 1 year STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus $149 for a promotional discount -$74.50. Did it TWICE IN A ROW for subscription through 11/1/2022.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts