Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Premium
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this email today. (See attached)
Can someone tell what I'm going to miss out on if I don't 're-new'? I don't understand the upside. Maybe I'm utilizing it and don't know it. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 OB Limited 3.6
114 Posts
This is what comes with the basic package, what you got for free when you purchased your Outback:

SOS Emergency Assistance
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Automatic Collision Notification (ACN)
Maintenance Notifications
Monthly Vehicle Health Report
Diagnostic Alerts

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Premium
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what comes with the basic package, what you got for free when you purchased your Outback:

SOS Emergency Assistance
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Automatic Collision Notification (ACN)
Maintenance Notifications
Diagnostic Alerts
Thanks jrb,
Looks like that will cost $100. Not worth it to me. Nice to have the option I suppose.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,587 Posts
I renewed because Subaru sent me a half off coupon when I did not respond quickly enough to the first renewal request.

Reactions: jdog1 and dhtwalden

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 | Eyesight | Magnetite Grey
52 Posts
I'm a little surprised by Subaru on the automatic crash notification ending with the starlink subscription, being that one of their main advertisements is safety. You would think they would give the option to have it dial 911 and not use their call center. The wife's Mazda calls 911 in the event of a crash, with no subscription.. I called and asked at one point of that seemed right and the SOA rep was speechless. But, the info on waiting and them discounting it is good info to have!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My experience with the Vehicle Health Report. In short, Subaru service had never heard of it, techs suggested not trusting it. OK. That was a shocker.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,587 Posts
I get an emailed my Subaru report occasionally. I just ignore it. I keep better records than they do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts