Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT - Autumn Green - Navigation
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found a product that works well cleaning the Startex seats? I tried Armor All interior wipes but it leaves a residue. Hoping someone else has already found something good!

Cheers

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Because the Startex is urethane I think it's best to clean it with a plain clean damp microfiber rag, or with a very mild cleanser. I use ONR (optimum no rinse) super diluted with distilled water about a teaspoon to a quart, and it's worked for me on all interior surfaces. It doesn't leave any residue. It even works on fabrics/velour effectively.

I haven't had anything stain my Startex so I can't say what might remove things like ball point pen marks and such, but for ordinary wipedowns I think chemicals are unnecessary and can potentially cause more problems than they solve, for example slowly vaporizing and leaving residue on the inside of the windshield.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a toddler so wipes are always nearby. They are a good product to loosen up stuck material (like around his car seat) and clean/gather debris and streaks. I also found because of the durability of the seats it was leaving a thin level of moisture behind so I went over those areas gently with a paper towel. Presto.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited, Titanium & Magnetite Grays
681 Posts
StarTex is listed as a polyurethane. Do a web search to discover recommendations, but a slight base pH seems to be recommended by some sources. A diluted (<20% detergent such as Dawn or Joy) liquid dish detergent on a soft cloth may be a place to start. Avoid organic solvents (paint thinner...). A final wipe with plain water should help avoid residual streaks.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
960 Posts
biggest problem I've had is sunscreen stains. It comes off, but you need something to cut it, water alone doesnt do it (dang waterproof stuff!). Armorall worked. Dish detergent to a lesser degree but no residue after rinse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts