Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'04 OB Wagon
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a couple occasions where my H6 didn't want to start on the first try. It cranked for sever seconds on the second try. I am using super unleaded although I'm sure it is a waste of money. The battery is fine and it was in the garage. Has anyone else encountered this problem. I took it to the dealer and they said that they didn't find anything wrong with it. Sort of like when a dog suddenly feels better as soon as it gets to the vet's office.

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
355 Posts
This has happened to me a few times during the 6 months I've owned my 03 H6 sedan. Releasing the key & trying again has always worked. Additionally, There are times that the idle is a bit rough immediately after startup- unacceptably rough for a car with 10k miles on it.

Things I will do before pestering my dealer (if the reported problem is sporadic most service departments aren't interested in trying to duplicate it) include new plugs, wires, & fuel filter.

However, you would think that a problem with any of those 3 things would pretty much always cause the poor starting/idling.

·
Registered
'04 OB Wagon
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rough Idle at start up

Ed,

Thanks for the reply! Now that you've mentioned it, the car does idle a bit roughly after start up but then it runs like the proverbial top. I also agree that it is unacceptable since I'm just over 3,000 miles. I tried Gas-Dri in the tank, but that didn't seem to correct the situation. I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine and he said "Subarus are great cars, but they do some strange things."

Kurt

K

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem put some fuel injection cleaner in the gas tank and that cleared the problem right up.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts