Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2011 3.6 and I installed King springs and new struts on my outback, and since then, the steering has been making clicking sounds at low speeds while turning, and also if you turn too tightly or make a U-turn, the car will continue to pull to the side you turned sharply to until you stop and crank the wheel the other way until something makes a popping sound and then the steering will go back to being straight.
Previous to adding new springs, struts, and a front left lower control arm, my outback had no issues with turning or pulling the way I have now.
I'm looking for a solution as to what could be making the low speed clicking and how to stop the car from pulling to either side after a tight turn.
Any advice is helpful, thank you.

Aaron

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,559 Posts
Have you had an alignment since the replacement parts? "Eyeball" or "witness marks" are not good enough, especially since you changed the geometry of the steering and suspension. I assume the King springs were for the slight lift (0-1")?

It sounds like you have some nasty positive camber (the "pulling" while turning) and your CV axle is not happy about it. Mileage on the car?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,627 Posts
not certain on an '11 if the parts are similar but, on older struts, it's easy to mistakenly get the washer at the top inverted. It will drag on the outside part of the mount's bearing. It is assymetrical and the bevel/cone side is supposed to go UP to contact only the inner race of the bearing.

circled here;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts