Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my 2012 base model Outback's stereo, and would like to install a steering wheel control interface adapter. The problem is that the two companies I've found that make them (SWI and Metra Axxess) swear up and down that the wiring harness in the 2012 is the same as that in the 2011. It isn't. So all their installation instructions are wrong.

Does anyone have any solution to this? I haven't been able to convince either company to conduct some actual research into the product.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
The instruction for the Axxess works in mine, provided you are talking about the interface itself. You are right that the harness changed for '12, and I think it's different for both the base and the limited models. I would get in touch with David, svxdc about a harness that will work for your car. I know that my '12 with H/K used a Toyota harness for the power and speaker wires but David was able to get me a harness that worked with the OEM plug for the steering wheel, amp turn on, reverse wire and aux input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts