Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 outback-5sp-UEL-wrx wheels
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a subaru problem, so i apologize. Just curious if anyone here has ever had a head units volume knob start acting strange. My volume knob spins freely as it should but the volume jumps all over and never goes higher then 10. its only 7 months old. so if anyone ever delt with something like this, or has input, i'd greatly appreciate it. i have hearing loss and at this point it not worth trying to hear music over the subie rumble

·
Registered
01 Outback 3.0
133 Posts
I know that when a stereo has seen a few years, that buildup occurs where connections occur, like knobs. Some DeOxit or CRC electronics cleaner sprayed on the connecting areas like deep inside the knob followed by lots of turning the knob to work the buildup loose and out of the way can help. I needed it on my home stereo I was rebuilding and then took my other car's stereo faceplate apart and hit all the moving parts and it took care of oddness I was getting. But my unit is also pretty old, already serving 2 cars.

·
Registered
01 outback-5sp-UEL-wrx wheels
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what i was thinking too but only 7 months old and this happens?? maybe ill start will some compressed air first. It was a Kenwood if anyone is curious. guess i might just take the think apart tonight

·
Registered
'01 OBW 3.0 VDC 184,000 Miles '19 OB 2.5 Base <2,000 Miles - Formerly '14 Impreza Sedan 2.0 5spd 66,000 Miles at trade-in
330 Posts
Pot problems can be tough to fix as they are typically sealed units :/

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
71 Posts
The spray will work with older, analog volume dials. You would hear crackly sounds if it was that while turning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts