Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999, Legacy Outback, '95 EJ22E, 5 speed; Money pit 02 WRX
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 99 outback legacy and the stereo has been acting up lately. Any time I turn it on I get an insane amount of crackling and popping; if I try to change the volume the same crackling/popping is produced. I was curious if this is an actual problem or if I am just going crazy.

I have been on the fence about upgrading my sound system but if I decide to change it does anyone have any suggestions for what system I should use?
If you give me a suggestion I would appreciate an aprx. price of it along with it any other information you consider relevant.

Thanks for taking your time to read and hopefully help!

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,318 Posts
It sounds as if something finally gave out on the board. Repair or replace.

As for replacement, Crutchfield Car Selector Results .

Great price and excellent warranty. I outfitted and rebuilt my car with a Clarion CX201 DD, 2 sets of Polk Audio component speakers, Kicker 8" ProComp, Sound Ordnance S1350 amp, all the cables and hardware needed for $660 with shipping. (The Clarion uses the same OE bracket the McIntosh used, so that was easy.) Total of 6 hour installation since I buried all the cables under the interior and custom made a harness to run from the deck to the car's speaker harness under the front seat. Sounds like a concert hall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts