Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Subarus, i have yet to buy my first Subaru in fact, i'm on the way towards it. For the past three years I've been trying to restore a 1996 thunderbird, until this summer when it dawned upon me how bad that would be if i were to get anything broken with it. For example the unobtanium rear glass.

So after deciding on getting rid of the car, the thoughts turned to what car, and i decided a 2000-2004 Outback wagon with a 5 speed would be perfect, find the best one i can and just keep it for as long as i can. I drive a truck for a living, so it will not get a ton of miles put on it.

Why a 2000-2004, i love the styling of it, and that it is just new enough to have all the features i want, but old enough to where it isn't a pain to get stuff for.

The first Subaru I drove was a 2008 2.5i Legacy Sedan, and from that moment I got what Subaru is about, I tried to buy it, but the bank wouldn't approve me in 2010. But now it has come full circle. I loved the flat 4's power band, and the gearbox in that.

My Goal: 2000-2004 with about 100-130k miles. 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I am new to Subarus, i have yet to buy my first Subaru in fact, i'm on the way towards it. For the past three years I've been trying to restore a 1996 thunderbird, until this summer when it dawned upon me how bad that would be if i were to get anything broken with it. For example the unobtanium rear glass.

So after deciding on getting rid of the car, the thoughts turned to what car, and i decided a 2000-2004 Outback wagon with a 5 speed would be perfect, find the best one i can and just keep it for as long as i can. I drive a truck for a living, so it will not get a ton of miles put on it.

Why a 2000-2004, i love the styling of it, and that it is just new enough to have all the features i want, but old enough to where it isn't a pain to get stuff for.

The first Subaru I drove was a 2008 2.5i Legacy Sedan, and from that moment I got what Subaru is about, I tried to buy it, but the bank wouldn't approve me in 2010. But now it has come full circle. I loved the flat 4's power band, and the gearbox in that.

My Goal: 2000-2004 with about 100-130k miles. 5 speed manual.
I wish you luck in finding one in that range with such unusually low mileage. I just traded in a 2007 2.5i Legacy with 122,000 miles on it for my 2018 and relatively speaking, it was low mileage.

Your problem you'll need to consider is most people tend to drive them until they self-destruct from wear with huge miles on them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish you luck in finding one in that range with such unusually low mileage. I just traded in a 2007 2.5i Legacy with 122,000 miles on it for my 2018 and relatively speaking, it was low mileage.

Your problem you'll need to consider is most people tend to drive them until they self-destruct from wear with huge miles on them.
Already found a 2003 with 115k on it for 4500 bucks. They are out there, i have time as i am an over the road driver to pick and choose.

·
Premium Member
2016 Ice Silver Outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof, nav, keyless entry and remote start
23 Posts
Hello to a fellow New Jerseyian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts