Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 L.L. Bean edition, 2.5 liter
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 L.L. Bean Outback. I have noticed that the dash seems to have some sort of sticky substance on it that traps every piece of dirt, lint and other fallout. I tried using a piece of tape to remove the dirt, etc. but it doesn't remove it. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. Thanks.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,491 Posts
2008 have a recall on them for the sticky dash.

subaru dealer will order and install a new one free of charge.

(these are particularly effected in hot places like Florida / Georgia,..).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a 2008 L.L. Bean Outback. I have noticed that the dash seems to have some sort of sticky substance on it that traps every piece of dirt, lint and other fallout. I tried using a piece of tape to remove the dirt, etc. but it doesn't remove it. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. Thanks.
I have a 2007 Outback wagon and everything sticks to the dash. I always protect it with a foil sunshade over the windshield but that sticks to it as well. I also park the car in shade as much as I can but the problem is getting worse. I noticed that there is a recall for the 08. Is there one for the 07 as well?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,765 Posts
It wasn't a recall, it was a voluntary free replacement of the dash by SOA for only those Outbacks deemed to have to have the problem. And yes, it covered 2007. But the date has passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts