Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago I looked down at my wheels and it looked from a distance like they were flaking. Once I took a closer look and touched it it appeared to be sticky. I washed the car and it eventually all came off.

I didn't think anything of it thinking maybe I drove through something. 2 weeks later it returned. Does anyone know what it is? Something coming off because the car is new? It wasn't as bad as last time but still there.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
There's a discussion somewhere on the forum about it. It's adhesive that the dealer did not remove from the wheels. WD-40 gets it off.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i CVT
468 Posts
If you can take the lug nuts off by yourself just take one off at a time, clean it using WD40, reinstall, and go on to the next one. Make sure you wash the wheel down when done or the WD40 could get thrown everywhere on your next drive.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
I just sprayed a litttle WD40 and wiped everything off good. Never removed any lug nuts.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB 2.5 Limited CVT Satin White, Nav, Roof, bodyside moldings, rear bumper underguard, 3M Paint Protection
121 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
It's a combination of grease/glue(from the plastic wheels covers). I don't have it on my 13, but my 11 had a lot of it. Go to the auto section of your local store and pick up some bug and tar remover. Alittle elbow grease and it will come right off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts