Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a 2020 Outback XT that I use to tow my 2700 pound camper, which does not exceed the 3500 pound max towing capacity of the car. The Subaru has performed well so far on a couple of trips and seems to handle 7% climbs and descents without a problem. One thing I have noticed though is that the rear of the car appears to sit a couple inches lower with the trailer attached (no surprise), and the rear tires seem to camber outward a little bit from top to bottom. I am wondering whether it makes sense to install stiffer rear suspension components to counteract this, but I have no idea whether that would help and, if it would, what components I should use. I have had no problem with the rear wheels hitting or even touching the bottom of the rear wheel wells, so maybe I should just not worry about it. I welcome any thoughts and advice from the group.
Cheers,
Omen Nemo

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
There's a similar threads here if you want to join in on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RalliTEK now offers stock height springs for the 2020 Outback. Stated by RalliTEK, front springs are 18-20% stiffer, rear Overload springs are 40-45% stiffer. I just installed mine yesterday and have an increase of 1/2" front and rear as stated on their site. I haven't hooked up my trailer yet, but my old '18 Crosstrek benefited greatly from their overload springs. My trailer is an Intech Flyer Chase weighing 1100 lb with a heavy tongue weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts