Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Discount tire is offering a $100 rebate next weekend. I'm pretty happy with the OEM Contis that came with my OB; 50k miles, never rotated, and did a lot of driving through the canyons.

Looking at other options, anyone go with the H727's? I'm reading a lot about road noise developing after 20k or so. A lot of great reviews but I haven't read any reviews with the 4th Gen OB past 20k miles.

·
Registered
2006 Outback Wagon 2.5i 5spd MT Atlantic Blue Pearl
261 Posts
Check TireRack reviews and sort by mileage. Not sure how many are specifically 4th Gen OBs with over 20k miles, but there are quite a few reviews over 30k.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 6MT
546 Posts
i not looking for new tires... but, i'm thinking that you're right.

i like the stock contis and might be looking to get another set when it's time.

joel
"so far", I have been happy with the Conti's also. 20k miles and I have a slight vibration due to an imbalance, but they have worn well, stick reasonably well and are still quiet.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have found increasing tire pressure on the stock Contis to 36/32 made a big improvement in handling. Another member here suggested this and said on 20k he had seen no abnormal tire wear.

·
Premium Member
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
961 Posts
Yeah, i can tell you that from my recent experience with Michelin Defender, the stock Conti's are good tires. I plan to buy again unless Michelin releases the Primacy in OB's stock size. I want to stick to Grand Touring type tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts