Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 outback ll bean h6 3.0
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im gonna get a 2 inch adf lift installed in a couple of weeks, I heard its hard to get the car aligned after a 2 inch lift with stock control arms and heard people switch to whiteline or megan racing for adjustable control arms for more adjust-ability. Do you think I can get away with riding with stock ones for a bit? I just don't want something to break while im out on a road trip or something. Any input helps!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
I think the forward lateral links (stock) won't last very long. They are typically in bad shape by 65K-80K miles. The lift is going to stretch them even more. If I were lifting a Gen3 OB I would not do it without arms. From both a durability standpoint, and the ability to properly align the rear of the car. Which can even be challenging at stock height.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the forward lateral links (stock) won't last very long. They are typically in bad shape by 65K-80K miles. The lift is going to stretch them even more. If I were lifting a Gen3 OB I would not do it without arms. From both a durability standpoint, and the ability to properly align the rear of the car. Which can even be challenging at stock height.
Thats what i figured, I'll order those as soon as I can. Any preferance between whiteline or megan racing???

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also my bfg ko2 came in already and my shop is booked so I cant get my 2 inch lift installed for 2 weeks. Can I have the tire shop install my new tires and wheels on stock ride height without rubbing?

the wheels are sparco terra 16x7 35mm offset and bfg ko2 215/65/r16

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
Thats what i figured, I'll order those as soon as I can. Any preferance between whiteline or megan racing???
Ok I wish I could combine the 2 into a perfect mash up. If I was forced to chose and color has nothing to do with it, the WL.

Megan Racing, I think the rear link is bent and gusseted now with their new re-design. The ones I have are the old style and straight. The MR have a hard rubber pillow ball bushing. Advantage MR

The production, fit and finish on the WL set is superior. They will hold up much better in adverse environments. Those tack welded gussets on th MR now are a corrosion farm. The WL seem to stay tight and not need checking vs the MR which I have found sometimes loose. The MR powdercoating is somewhat cheaper and starts to corrode after a few seasons.

The poly bushings in the WL set are hard and unforgiving, I like MR better here. But with all of that. 1 choice for 1 car, with all I know ... Whiteline.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I wish I could combine the 2 into a perfect mash up. If I was forced to chose and color has nothing to do with it, the WL.

Megan Racing, I think the rear link is bent and gusseted now with their new re-design. The ones I have are the old style and straight. The MR have a hard rubber pillow ball bushing. Advantage MR

The production, fit and finish on the WL set is superior. They will hold up much better in adverse environments. Those tack welded gussets on th MR now are a corrosion farm. The WL seem to stay tight and not need checking vs the MR which I have found sometimes loose. The MR powdercoating is somewhat cheaper and starts to corrode after a few seasons.

The poly bushings in the WL set are hard and unforgiving, I like MR better here. But with all of that. 1 choice for 1 car, with all I know ... Whiteline.
I'll go with the WL. I'm a firm beliver in you get what you pay for:grin2:

also did you see my other question about my new wheel/tire setup fitting stock ride height???

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
I'll go with the WL. I'm a firm beliver in you get what you pay for:grin2:

also did you see my other question about my new wheel/tire setup fitting stock ride height???
I am not the one for wheels and tires. There is so much variation in rubber, just in a single size. There are others who know more than me. I have utilized 2 aftermarket wheels. But both where confirmed fitment and I run stock rubber size.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welp gonna let everyone know that they fit stock ride height and looks awesome

·
Registered
2008 Outback Base, 2.5, automatic in Granny Gold
80 Posts
Just an FYI, I am finishing up my install of a 2” adf kit with subframe spacers on a 2008 outback 2.5. On the front, I had to do a little grinding on the inside of the lift block so they would sit flush against the new KYB strut mounts. They fit fine against the originals.
Also, I may be looking at some longer exhaust hangers because the subframe is now hitting the exhaust. Your 3.0 hopefully will have better exhaust routing. Just a couple of things to look out for, so you aren’t surprised.

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
138 Posts
You could use Moog adjustable arms; they're available at Rock Auto for a fraction of the cost of WL or MR arms. I just used them on my '17 OB to get rear camper adjustment. They should work for your application too. Their adjustment range is fairly large, but less than you can get with the WL arms.

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
You could use Moog adjustable arms; they're available at Rock Auto for a fraction of the cost of WL or MR arms. I just used them on my '17 OB to get rear camper adjustment. They should work for your application too. Their adjustment range is fairly large, but less than you can get with the WL arms.
The application for 2005-2009 are JUNK...

They look like something from an Erector Set from the 40's. I wondered if anyone might try those. I'm surprised they ever made it to production. But I would love to hear feedback from someone. Especially a salt environment.

Not hating ... just saying.

·
Master Caster
16,119 Posts
They should work for your application too. Their adjustment range is fairly large, but less than you can get with the WL arms.
There are NO components from 2010 on up that work with 2009 on down in the *ss end. Zero.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts