Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996,Outback,2.5,auto
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2017 Outback and want to know how to stop the dinging when I unlatch my seat belt when riding.

·
Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
187 Posts
I tried the solution from that thread, and it worked as long as the car was powered up (ACC, Run), but the dinging was back the next day. It's likely Subaru or the DOT got wind of the workaround and added a reset to the code. Now it will work for a service tech or hobby mechanic during a session, but won't stay turned off.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
208 Posts
FYI - I did the "procedure" for my 18 OB the day I got it and it worked and has stayed off. It took me two tries to get it right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did it to my 2016 within the first month of ownership, and it hasn't come back. I would try again. Sounds like it just didn't take. It's very particular about all of the steps being followed to the T.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,450 Posts
Reactions: ammcinnis

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Gotta love natural selection.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do people still drive without wearing a seatbelt?
I usually turn it off in malt cars because sometimes my dog or a heavy box will trip the car into thinking someone is there. Or if I finish working on something and do a quick circle in my culdesac.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do people still drive without wearing a seatbelt?
I regularly drive my car without leaving the neighborhood, speeds not exceeding 10-15mph. No need for a belt in this situation, but also don't want to listen to the chime screaming at me. Any time I leave the neighborhood I of course wear my seatbelt.

G

·
Also, if you're surf fishing and are driving up and down the beach looking for a good hole... no need to buckle up. There are those rare situations...

G

·
I regularly drive my car without leaving the neighborhood, speeds not exceeding 10-15mph. No need for a belt in this situation, but also don't want to listen to the chime screaming at me. Any time I leave the neighborhood I of course wear my seatbelt.
This was me all the time in our last neighborhood (short, private, dead end roads). And from time to time I'd even let our 8yo son hold the wheel of the car (that he'll one day own) cruising 6-8 doors down to the neighbors' houses. I'm a horrible parent... yes, I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts