Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 3.6R Limited
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I happened to drop a neodymium magnet in the back of my new 18 OB and discovered that it wanted to hold on thru the rubber cargo cover. So, I hacked together a little storage solution using STRONG neo magnets w/ countersunk center holes, some black milk crates from HD, furring strips and screws, and it helps keep the rear organized. I'm not offroading (yet) and this keeps things from sliding around back there while driving around town. I'm guessing a little cheap steel sheet, velcro'd to the carpet under the rubber mat, would hold these things in any condition (including upside down). Anyway- here's the pics, it was a fun, fast project. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
I have been using a plastic milk crate like that for a while to carry my jump pack, tire inflator, tire plug kit, and tow straps for a while now.

handy for its size for transferring from car to car, the grates are nice for air circulation,

however, in a wagon its nice to physically lock something down with a lid,...to prevent the cargo from whaling you in the head when in a real crash.

(glad I still have a car with a trunk to stick that milk crate in,...at least part of the time).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts