Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5 speed manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to straight pipe my outback but I'm unsure what to do and what materials to buy. Its a 2.5 naturally aspirated outback. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,626 Posts
you might check youtube for 'tip turn down' exhaust - not quite as loud since it points down.

you may need to fool/tune-out some codes. it could get tricky doing this for close to 0 benefit. If you want the 'boxer' sound, you might do better with unequal length header install.

www.nasioc.com may be helpful.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,558 Posts
No judgement to the answer provided, but what's your motivation? Are you looking for the classic "Subaru rumble"? If so, you won't find it what that exhaust manifold/engine setup.

Otherwise, if you just want more noise....

I would highly recommend at least one resonator, near the location of the old unit would be best (to help minimize the drone/resonance frequencies).

I'd keep it to no more than 2.5 in. pipe diameter. IIRC, 2.25 is closest to OE from the manifold flange.

You'll need a few 45s, 90s, and a few sections of straight pipe to get the bends close enough.

Factory tips were turn-downs behind the rear bumper, so take that into consideration when looking for an exit location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts