Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Ummm...exactly where are solenoids in the oiling system of the Subaru? Engine flush recommendation by dealer = BS PERIOD. There is NO WAY, NO HOW that you could sludge up an engine in 6,000 miles. You were lied to plain and simple to extract your hard earned money from your wallet.
I completely agree. This is why I said it doesn't add up.

I was merely implying that the repair might not have been necessary and they simply said they repaired "something."

I also think there is more than 6k miles on a 2010 and that it is possible there is sludge in this car. However, since everything else is bunk the whole sludge idea is "suspect."

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,105 Posts
while it's still possible it was a spurious code, that IS related to the AVLS or w'ever the valve control system is called. Bad, dirty, sludgey oil could certainly cause an issue with it. I think low oil pressure could too. Or the sensor itself could be getting flaky, bad wiring etc..

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
As requested, trouble code was p0028
Interesting, without seeing the car it's hard to say but I agree sludge could be an issue. I'd start checking my oil more often and look more closely at driving habits. If all that checks out I'd make sure the dealer was actually changing the oil.

If you make a lot of short trips (engine only on for 30 minutes or so at a time) you should consider changing your oil more frequently.

How many total miles on the car?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts