Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My wifes 2008 outback 2.5i is making some strange sounds lately, and I was hoping you may be able to help me sort things out.

The sound is basically similar to a rattle or grind coming from the drivetrain. I hear the sound when I am accellerating and going through the gears... As I let off the gas and press in the clutch to upshift it sounds like a faint grind in the gears, which first appears as I press the clutch. I aslo hear the sound when I get off the gas and coast in the higher rpms (~2500-3500). I think it may be coming from the tranny as it sounds like it is coming from under the car and not forward in the engine compartement.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm starting to wonder if it may be an early sign of TOB fault??? The car only has 58K, so I would imagine the TOB has some life left in it...

Once this rain passes I'll poke around and try to narrow down the location of the noise...

Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
bryankloos
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing